Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists?

Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22658

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a little over 4,000 comics and I've done my best to put them all into various lists, however I am certain that I have missed some as occasionally Im like 'Wheres issue #3 ..."

Is there a script or feature to scan my library and display comics that are not in any lists?

Is so, please tell me script name or directions to do so. If not, could a tech savvy person make one?

Thank you! :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22662

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 601
cYo once told me how to do it: :)

Make a new folder in the sidebar (e.g. "My Smartlists" )

• Put all your lists in this "My Smartlists" folder
  • Create a new smartlist (e.g. "Not enlisted" )outside of this folder.
  • Change the source for this list from "Library" to "My Smartlists".
  • Click the negation mark ("!") in front of the 'Match rules' option
  • Add a rule that is always true (e.g. ! Series is ......)

Now the "Not Enlisted" smartlist displays all the book that are not in your "My Smartlists" folder.

p.s. Tell me if this does/doesn't work for you :)

p.p.s. While this works for me, I feel that this is a workaround. I believe that there must an expression somewhere in the in-built expression matcher for smart lists, that will 'magically' create such a list. If anyone knows about that, please enlighten us!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, MrDowntown

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22663

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
For the above technique; is there a quick way to copy all lists to that folder?

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22664

• 600WPMPO
Drag & drop

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22665

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Dude 600, 16990? is that your current count? I thought I had too many at almost 4k.

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22669

• 600WPMPO
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
Dude 600, 16990? is that your current count? I thought I had too many at almost 4k.
:laugh:

Here are my thoughts on the number of boks in my library (from this thread: Personal Milestone: 100,000 comic library in Comicrack!)

"These days, I don't get much time for anything (and it is not going to get any better in the future), still I manage to read (enjoyably & thoroughly read) about 5 comics in a day (1 comic = about 25-30 pages). Over a period of time, I have discovered that I can not read more than 10 comics in a day, no matter how much time I get. Now this excludes exceptional days, like when I read my first TPB (in print, not on ComicRack) of Garth Ennis' masterpiece Preacher, it was so absorbing that I read it back to back in an hour. They don't write such great books these days.

So, with 10 comics per day, I can read about 3650 comics in a year, lets say max 4000.

And to read my current library strength of more than 16,000, I would need about 4 years.

I won't be sitting idle though, and surely new books will come in the library. But, I don't think reading this much is impossible. So, lets give an additional (maximum) 3 years when I'll reach a 'utopian' stage of having read all, and then I would only read new books as they are published every week, till I die.

So, with this scenario, I would need around 7 years to reach the utopian stage. If, however, instead of 10, I read only 5 comics per day, this would take about 14 years. I'll be in my mid-to-late-forties by then. I think I'll live happily till 75-80 (till I develop some weird illness that limits my comic-reading capabilities), so from the mid-forties to the mid-seventies, I have 30 years to enjoy comics 'as they come'.

However, I'll also need to re-read all the '4-stars-and-above' comics once more before I die. Maybe, I'll get more time when I get old."

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22670

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
True, I only have 4K, cause Im picky, but now that I finally have a tablet - I have been tearing through my collection at an insane rate. Probably have read it all in 6months max ... But there are always more comics :D And it'll force me to expand and try new/old series

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22693

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
Finally got around to doing this and found 52 comics not in a list - a few I had forgotten to delete and an entire list I never had created ... :D

THANKS!!!!! :silly:

Re: Is there a script/feature to find comics that are not in any lists? 7 years 2 months ago #22919

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
I discovered this wouldn't work until I set My SmartLists Books: to "All Books from every list".

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and no members online