Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: ADD to metadata field for multiple comics W/O overwriting???

ADD to metadata field for multiple comics W/O overwriting??? 7 years 5 months ago #22690

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is there a way to ADD to a metadata field for multiple comics WITHOUT overwriting pre-existing info? For example, I would like to Add Marvel Civil War to the alternate series field for all the comics in that list, but most of them already have info in that field I DO NOT want to overwrite. Is there a function or special character/script (instructions please?) that I can use to accomplish this?

Thank You :D
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MrDowntown.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ADD to metadata field for multiple comics W/O overwriting??? 7 years 5 months ago #22696

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 206
If I'm understanding your inquiry, the way I currently get around this is I put in a tag for each book that's in a major event. For example, Civil War, I have a tag that looks like this:
Civil War 001 of 150
or
Civil War - tie-in

I then create a smart list with the criteria Tags contains "Civil War ".

Now, if I want, I can create a manual list from this smart list to place the books in the exact reading order that I like. This is how I get around situations where you may have a book that is a port of more than just one alternate series. I hope that helps.

Re: ADD to metadata field for multiple comics W/O overwriting??? 7 years 5 months ago #22702

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 291
If you want to append to a field you could use the Copy/Move field script. Forum Thread | Direct Download.

Select the comics you want to add text to. Run the script. Choose User Text as the Source and enter the text you want to add in the box. Choose the destination field you want with the option append.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Who's Online

We have 101 guests and no members online