Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Help organizing comics on computer

Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22826

  • djg5125
  • djg5125's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
Hi guys,
I have a fairly large comic collection on my computer and have currently been trying the best way to organize them on my hard drive. Right now I have them sorted for the most part by main character/team and the by series. I also have separate folders for limited or one shots. I've found that organizing them this way is very time consuming as I'm also trying to delete any comics I don't think I'll ever read. Also determining the series for each also takes a good deal of time. What I was wondering is if people have suggestions of better ways of organizing my comics for backup purposes an for use in comic rack. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22829

  • FreddieP786
  • FreddieP786's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Karma: 3
Hi there, personally I use the Comicvine Scraper to make sure all the data is scraped correctly. Then I use Library Organiser to do the sorting.

I am okay with not having it sorted by team or main character for now. I will probably do that at a later stage.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by FreddieP786.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22830

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 601
  • Karma: 235
FreddieP786 wrote:
I am okay with not having it sorted by team or main character for now. I will probably do that at a later stage.
Why Freddie, why? :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22831

  • FreddieP786
  • FreddieP786's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Karma: 3
Only cos your old templates dont work anymore. Havent had time to figure out the new system yet. I loved using your old template cos it just worked....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22833

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 601
  • Karma: 235
FreddieP786 wrote:
Only cos your old templates dont work anymore. Havent had time to figure out the new system yet. I loved using your old template cos it just worked....
The new tutorial has already been posted. We'll leave this thread hijack here, and carry on the discussions in the tutorial thread.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22839

  • djg5125
  • djg5125's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
So that script also organizes them in the folders on the computer? I was under the impression it only sorted them on comic rack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22840

  • FreddieP786
  • FreddieP786's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Karma: 3
djg5125 wrote:
So that script also organizes them in the folders on the computer? I was under the impression it only sorted them on comic rack.

Believe me when I say, using the Comicvine Scraper in conjunction with Library Organiser is the easiest, fastest way to sort your comic book folders. Just start with a small batch, play around with the settings and the tweak it to your liking.

Once you are happy, you start doing bigger batches. It will make your life so easy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djg5125

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22841

  • djg5125
  • djg5125's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
FreddieP786 wrote:
djg5125 wrote:
So that script also organizes them in the folders on the computer? I was under the impression it only sorted them on comic rack.

Believe me when I say, using the Comicvine Scraper in conjunction with Library Organiser is the easiest, fastest way to sort your comic book folders. Just start with a small batch, play around with the settings and the tweak it to your liking.

Once you are happy, you start doing bigger batches. It will make your life so easy.

So would it be more beneficial for me to start from scratch and put all the comics I've already sorted in one big folder and use this process on it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22842

  • FreddieP786
  • FreddieP786's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Karma: 3
First visit the Library Organiser thread and download all 600WPMPO's profiles.

Put all your comics into 1 folder. Make sure "double click" the "0 day" list and change the folder to match the folder on your PC. Your comics wont pull properly if you dont update the folder path.
Run comicvine scraper, edit your tags and then run the Library Organiser. The tutorial is quite easy to understand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help organizing comics on computer 7 years 2 months ago #22845

  • djg5125
  • djg5125's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
FreddieP786 wrote:
First visit the Library Organiser thread and download all 600WPMPO's profiles.

Put all your comics into 1 folder. Make sure "double click" the "0 day" list and change the folder to match the folder on your PC. Your comics wont pull properly if you dont update the folder path.
Run comicvine scraper, edit your tags and then run the Library Organiser. The tutorial is quite easy to understand.

What do you mean make sure to double click the 0 day list and change the folder to match the folder on your PC?

Right now I have a folder located at F:\Comic Books\0 Day that has all my unsorted X-Men comics at the moment. In ComicRack I went to the Folders tab and located this folder and started scrapping them there. I feel like this is incorrect so I'd appreciate it someone could let me know. Am I supposed to scrap the comics while they're already in the library or before I load them into the library. The tutorial doesn't really specify this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds

Who's Online

We have 129 guests and no members online