Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Backup Comics Info

Backup Comics Info 7 years 4 months ago #23249

Hey guys!
So, I read a few things about comics info, I used Comic Vine Scrapper and organize my entira collection, more than 10k comics, it's just marvellous, but even with Comic Vine it gave me a lot of work!
So, when I move a file from a folder to another, in my local hard drive, everything's gone.
That's a problem because I want to store the comics in my external hard drive (NTFS), but I'd lose wall my work organizing them.

Bottom line, how do I keep the info on the files, or generate a backup file of the database, something not to have to rebuild everything from the beggining?

Thnks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backup Comics Info 7 years 4 months ago #23250

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 601
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Backup Comics Info 7 years 4 months ago #23251

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 206
And to add to 600WPMPO's perfect advice, I thought that I'd mention that you can also use the scripts perezmu wrote to pull the non-comic metadata Tags field information out and place it into the Notes field, which is a comic metadata field. I slightly tweaked the scripts and packaged them together so that they work like a modern ComicRack plug-in file. You can grab the three related Tags/Notes scripts here.

Have fun securing your precious metadata :)

Re: Backup Comics Info 7 years 4 months ago #23281

Guys, thank you very much for the detailed info!
Is it somewhere in the website? I've read the FAQ's but couldn't find it well presented as was posted! Anyway, now I can enjoy my comics knowing I'll not loose my metadata!

ComicRack is amazing, I'm using the Android version also and I'm amazed by it. I'm kind of a organization freak, having everything so well organized and categorized is fabulous!

=D

Re: Backup Comics Info 7 years 4 months ago #23283

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 206
ferraz.lucas wrote:
I've read the FAQ's but couldn't find it well presented as was posted!
Actually, this fun fact can be found in the excellent ComicRack Manual file that 600WPMPO put together some time ago. I believe you can find it in the Download section of the site. It is the Bible of the ComicRack app.
ferraz.lucas wrote:
I'm kind of a organization freak, having everything so well organized and categorized is fabulous!
lol, I think this pretty much applies to almost all of us, which is why we love these great apps sooo much!
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Who's Online

We have 97 guests and no members online