Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Replace fileless within list with actual book

Replace fileless within list with actual book 7 years 4 months ago #23258

I've tried to find an answer to this with no luck. Is there an easy way to replace fileless entries with actual books in a list i've imported.
For example I import the "Civil War" Marvel list and it tells me im missing two books so I add them as fileless. I later get these missing books and add them to my library but the list still contains the fileless entry and I need to remove the fileless and manually add the actual book to the list.
Is this the only way to do it or am I missing something?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Replace fileless within list with actual book 7 years 4 months ago #23263

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 601
I know of a trick that works. ;-)

Suppose you've got a fileless entry of a book in your library. Now, sometime later you get the actual CBZ. Don't put in in a folder that ComicRack would scan at startup so that it doesn't automatically get added to the library. Now, from the fileless entry menu, use the 'link to file' button to add the CBZ to the fileless entry. It will replace the fileles entry. you can now move the book into the library.

Hope this helps... :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Replace fileless within list with actual book 7 years 4 months ago #23271

Thanks. I was hoping there would be an easy automated way to do several in one go. Guess i'll just have to work through each one.

Re: Replace fileless within list with actual book 7 years 4 months ago #23299

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
AverageMarcus wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping there would be an easy automated way to do several in one go. Guess i'll just have to work through each one.

I think you might just add them, and then use the duplicates remover script, with the simple rule:

remove fileless

(note: this requires you to scrape the new comics, though, it will not get the metadata from the fileless... this would make a nice new script).
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Who's Online

We have 129 guests and no members online