Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Adding new comix to library

Adding new comix to library 7 years 1 month ago #23455

• Chewbubba
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, this is probably a dumb question that's been asked a zillion times, but... I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the features of ComicRack. I'm tellin' ya, it's a BIG adjustment after using the simple program "Comical" for the past year or so. After manually entering in the Info on about 30 or so comics (ok, I admit it - I enjoyed that part - but it was taking too long), I see there is a ComicVine Scraper. Nice!

Anyway, sorry, THE QUESTION: isn't there some way to add new comics to the library without having this ridiculously enormous folder jammed with a zillion comics? What I mean is, when I navigate to the folder where I keep my sorted comics, and I want to "Add to Library", the Library is getting incredibly big, and then I have to slog through it to find what I just put in there so I can drop it in the appropriate list. Isn't there another way?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adding new comix to library 7 years 4 weeks ago #23459

• Empty0ne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Adding new comix to library 7 years 4 weeks ago #23460

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 601
Chewbubba wrote:
Anyway, sorry, THE QUESTION: isn't there some way to add new comics to the library without having this ridiculously enormous folder jammed with a zillion comics? What I mean is, when I navigate to the folder where I keep my sorted comics, and I want to "Add to Library", the Library is getting incredibly big, and then I have to slog through it to find what I just put in there so I can drop it in the appropriate list. Isn't there another way?

Add your entire comics folder (sorted + unsorted comics) to ComicRack.

Check the option to scan this folder on every Comicrack restart. It will automatically add new comics.

For initial purposes, make 2 smart lists (I repeat: 'smart' lists) titled, say, Sorted & Unsorted. (For this, use some criteria that is only present in your sorted books). Now, new books will automatically get 'pulled' by their lists, and you wouldn't have to 'put' them in their lists.

If any of the above, doesn't make sense, read the manual. Link is in my signature. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 153 guests and no members online