Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Alphabetizing Credits

Alphabetizing Credits 4 years 10 months ago #37538

• JackBauer24
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey, guys. Love the program, but I've got a little problem that I hope is simple to take care of. See, I type in the credit information for each of my books by hand, and I try to keep the names in each field (if there's more than one name) in alphabetical order. Problem is, they don't seem to be staying that way.

For example, for one book, I put in the Inker as: Al Plastino, George Klein, John Forte. But now it's showing up as George Klein, Al Plastino, John Forte.

So my question is...is there any way to mass-alphabetize the credits within my library, to correct errors like these?

I've got a large enough library where it would be prohibitively time-consuming to go in and correct each one individually.

I, and my anal-retentive side, thank you for your time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alphabetizing Credits 4 years 10 months ago #37581

• JackBauer24
  • Junior Boarder
Nothing? Erm...is this like a script I should request?

Alphabetizing Credits 4 months 3 weeks ago #49594

• JackBauer24
  • Junior Boarder
Thought I would bump this up to see if anyone can help. Still having this problem with CR. Credits becoming un-alphabetized after they've already been put in alphabetically.

Alphabetizing Credits 4 months 2 weeks ago #49602

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 267
The field is a simple list, so theoretically the data itself shouldn't change.
However, If you look in Info and add or delete somebody, the default order is by alphabetical first letter. This suggests the only way a manual order would change is if somehow the field was being touched, and even then it should only shift to the default.

Of course another way the data can change is if somehow the order specified in the ComicInfo.xml file is being read. Once you order the creators are you saving the data into the files, and are the files the correct format to do this?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Alphabetizing Credits 4 months 1 week ago #49646

• JackBauer24
  • Junior Boarder
Everything is ordered properly when I put the creators in, and I've got it set to automatically update the files upon any changes, and all of my files are converted to .cbz format so that the updates will take.

Alphabetizing Credits 4 months 6 days ago #49664

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 267
If you see this happen again can you check the XML file manually and see if the order has been changed in that?

I really don't get what is happening here.

Another option would be to copy the correct field order to a user field with a Data Manager rule and either use that field instead or occasionally use a reverse rule to keep the field correct.

P.S. One difference between my setup any yours is I never have automatically update on.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by jkthemac.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and 2 members online