Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using tags

Using tags 1 year 8 months ago #45180

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
In which case it is time to play with Library Organizer. It probably wouldn't take much to get to grips with it. You won't be using it to do anything difficult.

Hang on all you would need to to is extend the Search and Replace: bear with me.

Replace
D:\My Stuff\Comics
With
G:
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using tags 1 year 8 months ago #45194

• PapaBear
  • Fresh Boarder
That worked! No fuss no muss!

Every search option I looked at had people telling others that you had to go through all these hoops and doors by renaming ini files and all this other nonsense! All the Comic Scrapper info has now been placed to the external hard drive files and the tags have moved over as well!

Your awesome and thank you for your help!

Using tags 1 year 8 months ago #45195

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad it worked, yes people can overcomplicate ways of solving problems. I think they get hung up on problems that their first solution throws up and try and fix them, instead of looking for a second solution.

Search and Replace is a hidden gem when it comes to bulk moving files around, makes things so quick and easy.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by jkthemac.

Using tags 3 months 2 weeks ago #48084

• PapaBear
  • Fresh Boarder
OMG! It did it again! About 80% of my stuff has just dropped all of it's tags. Why isn't there a way to copy this information to the files themselves. It is going to take me a week to figure out how to fix this again.

Using tags 3 months 1 week ago #48094

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
It might be time to consider SQL.

Using tags 3 months 1 week ago #48096

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 118
Anecdotic fact I found out yesterday about tags: If in an script you "clone" a books (with the official method in the API), the tags are not copied to the clone (till now this is the only field that does that I have found. Even others "not stored fields" such as read bookmarks, custom values, etc, don't have this problem)

It has nothing to do with this topic I think, but as you were talking about tags and how to copy them, I remembered it...

It took me HOURS of debugging till I found where the problem was XD (I was copying tags from books in the library to new books and didn't work... it was becuase I was using temporary clones to do that...)

Now about this topic, this remind me I never worked in my script to store non stored fields in the notes field... perhaps someday I will D:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and 2 members online