Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40056

Hi, I've been looking through the forum to figure this out but I have been unsuccessful. My workflow is that I use a PC and a laptop with two separate DB's. On the laptop I scrape new comics and correct Scan Info/File Structure and import data from ComicVine. Once I have those done and I'm ready to export and move to my PC, unfortunately the CVDB info is not saved so I have to re-scrape on the PC. I know that the notes field has the CVDB and I would like to know if there is a script or something that would just pull that and dump into the Tags field.

Thanks for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40074

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I feel like there was some way to do this, but I can't recall where off the top of my head.

Here's a possibly silly question - if all the important data is scraped already, do you really need the CVDB tag at all? Why not just leave it out?

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40100

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I would do this using the Data Manager plug-in.

I had a quick hack at it so there may be a more elegant way of doing this:

Create a rule for if the tags field is blank:
<<Tags.Is:>> => <<Review.SetValue:{Notes}>> <<Notes.RemoveLeading:Scraped metadata from ComicVine [>> <<Notes.Remove:].>> <<Tags.SetValue:{Notes}>> <<Notes.SetValue:{Review}>> <<Review.SetValue:>>

and a rule if the tags field is already a list:
<<Tags.Not:>> => <<Review.SetValue:{Notes}>> <<Notes.RemoveLeading:Scraped metadata from ComicVine [>> <<Notes.Remove:].>> <<Notes.Add:, >> <<Notes.Add:{Tags}>> <<Tags.SetValue:{Notes}>> <<Notes.SetValue:{Review}>> <<Review.SetValue:>>

The above both assume your Review field is blank as I use it as a temporary field, you could use another temporary field to do the same thing.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40103

Thanks for the replies. Concerning keeping the Tags field after export, I've found that sometimes the ComicVine DB is updated and information has changed so if sometime in the future if I wanted to I could just update the data.

On the Data Manager, I haven't used it and off the bat I wasn't able to figure it out so I will have to do some more research on how to get that setup.

I did come across this post: comicrack.cyolito.com/user-forum/13-scri...ics-toolbox?start=40.

Oraclexview posted a plugin for to do what I believe is what I want but when I install it and try to run the script it throws "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I've tried putting it in it's own folder but it still doesn't work so I'm not sure what I'm missing to get it to work. Any ideas as to what I may be missing?

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40104

Ok, so I don't think that the script I mentioned earlier is actually what I needed so I've been trying to get the Data Manager thing setup.

I have not been able to get it to work though. So far I've setup up the Rules section as such:

Field = Tags
Modifier = Is
Value = (I have it blank)

For Actions I have:

Field = Tags
Modifier = Set Value

Problem is the Value section. Based on what jkthemac posted I can't figure out what exact entry needs to be entered in that field. I've gone through the Data Manager manual but so far I've struck out.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40123

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
In the rule itself dont put anything into the Rules or Action section, just paste each of my lines into the Text section near the top then hit the double arrow sync button to its right. This will auto populate the rule.

Do this for each rule and save as default.

---

Better still, unzip this and load into Data Manager and save as default.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by jkthemac.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40138

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
bahumutzerozero, the script you mentioned earlier that I tweaked, allows you to copy Tags field data to the Notes field. It also allows you to copy that Tags data which this script added to Notes back to the Tags field. Lastly, it also allows you to delete all Tags data that was saved to the Notes field. So, no, this doesn't do quite exactly what you want.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the ComicVine script allows you to save the CVDB web page info to either the Tags field or the Notes field.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40140

Hi oraclexview, I actually use ComicVine to load that info into the Tags field but the problem was when exporting and importing to another DB, the Tags field is not present in the XML inside the cbz file so it always comes in blank.

jkthemac, you did get me going though with your rules once you pointed out the field that I was actually supposed to use so I thank you for that. Definitely saves me a lot of time when finalizing everything.

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40189

Hi jkthemac, I've come across another issue here. On some of my older comics, on previous versions of the Comic Scraper, the data that was entered there was this:

Scraped metadata from ComicVine [CVDB362171] on 2013.08.23 23:43:24.

When I run the rules you've provided, it brings in everything from the ] and on. I've tried substituting ]. in your remove action, with some sort of wild card but it's not working.

Is there a way to set it up to remove everything after the ]?

Obviously, the data and time at the end will be different for each comic that I have, which is a few thousand.

Thanks!

How to pull the ComicVine CVDB # from the Notes Field 3 years 3 months ago #40197

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmm, that is somewhat trickier.
I presume you would be best using the Regex functions but although I am quite good with Regex I have never tried it in this plugin. I will have a play and see what I can do. But may take me a while.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Who's Online

We have 286 guests and 4 members online