Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #41998

• Hagi
  • Fresh Boarder
I apologize in advanced if this has been answered as I could not find the answer while i was searching.

I'm trying to create a smartlist which only contains the last issue I have of a series. For example, if I want to do this with "Batman and Robin" which only contains 40 issues to date, I want the smartlist to only contain the 40th issue until the 41st is released and I add that to the library.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42006

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Name "Last Batman and Robin"
Match All
{
    [Number] equals "{StatsLastNumber}",
    [Series] equals "Batman and Robin",
    [Volume] equals "2011"
}

As usual, copy the text of the above query, right click the Temporary Lists folder in your library and paste it there.

BTW the best way to find the less obvious elememts of a query is to use the Query button within the smart list editor. If you then right click on the query you can select matches or values from a long list.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boshuda, Hagi

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42007

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
To pre-empt the next logical but slightly trickier question "How do I list the last 5 issues?":

Name "Last 5 Batman and Robin"
Match All
{
    [Expression] is true "int({Number})>=int({StatsLastNumber})-4",
    [Volume] equals "2011"
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hagi

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42013

• Hagi
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, exactly what I'm looking for. This actually answers my next question of how do i find the list of variables I can use.

Not sure how I never noticed the query button before, I kept using designer mode and trying to use * as wildcards (which never worked).

Thanks again

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42016

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
If you are trying out wildcards you might want to look at my Comicrack Regex Tutorial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hagi

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42022

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
jkthemac wrote:
Name "Last Batman and Robin"
Match All
{
    [Number] equals "{StatsLastNumber}",
    [Volume] equals "2011"
}

As usual, copy the text of the above query, right click the Temporary Lists folder in your library and paste it there.

BTW the best way to find the less obvious elememts of a query is to use the Query button within the smart list editor. If you then right click on the query you can select matches or values from a long list.
Holy! I never knew about the right-click in the query window thing. You should really add some stuff to the wiki concerning smart lists.

Smartlist to only have last issue of series that i have 2 years 8 months ago #42029

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
This topic made me think again about using the release date info in smartlists and I have finally cracked it. I put a post in the Scripts forum detailing how to use it to get the last 6 months of a volume and other tips.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Who's Online

We have 274 guests and one member online