Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Comics Files are Disappearing

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46165

• noakai
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Nope. Only thing that fixed it for me was removing update KB2976978, but I'm running Windows 8.1 and I couldn't tell you if Windows 10 got that update. You say you had no new updates so I'm not sure if this is a new issue or what.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by noakai.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46166

• 6of5
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, its odd. no problem writing to files Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday and today, files disappear. This is a good year after this thread started and thre isn't anything unique about my set-up.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46167

• vacaboca
  • Fresh Boarder
I was originally having this issue a year ago, and now after seeing your posts, I find that I'm having it again.. I add a bunch of .cbr files to my folder, scan the library and they show up in ComicRack (v0.9.177 64 bit on Windows 10 fully updated)... Export/convert them to .cbz as always, and I see them convert in the folder and then disappear. I'm left with "red X" missing files in their place, and all the CBR files are now in the Recycling Bin. The library files (Red Xs) all point to the CBZ files that aren't there. I need to read back through the full thread to see how I managed to fix it before :angry:

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46169

• Empty0ne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This has just started happening to me also. If you find the fix you used before, can you repost it for us?

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46172

• vacaboca
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't recall what I used before, but I fixed it this time by trying for update the permissions on my entire comic directory tree, making sure that my Windows 10 user had ownership and Full Control of the full tree of folders and files. I did get a few errors related to some files which were owned by a group rather than a user, and wasn't able to figure that out... but rebooted and things seemed to be working again.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46173

• 6of5
  • Fresh Boarder
Adding variability to a problem almost never works, but I threw caution to the wind and updated Win10 with the Aug 23 update (#KB3176936 for Win10 version 1607) before doing anything else. Now everything works fine. I have no explanation but hopefully this holds.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46174

• vacaboca
  • Fresh Boarder
Heh... I'm scared that something relatively straightforward (my user accounts files, being accessed by a program being run by user account) gets fouled up, but I'm not sure that I think that's a ComicRack issue. In any event, when it's working correctly, you'll quickly forget about it, and it will either never happen again, or it will and you'll have to kick things again.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46175

I just started having this happen. I scraped a bunch of files as usual but I noticed the red X's popping up. Which I thought was unusual. Once the scraping was done I go to move the files and discover that they are gone. I checked my Recycle Bin and there was nothing there. So it appears that I've now lost them all. Very annoying.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by General Zod.

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46176

• vacaboca
  • Fresh Boarder
Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that the files may have actually been moved to some sort of Local directory - I don't have the path handy, but read back and find it, and look there (somewhere under c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\Local.... I think).

Comics Files are Disappearing 1 year 1 month ago #46177

vacaboca wrote:
Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that the files may have actually been moved to some sort of Local directory - I don't have the path handy, but read back and find it, and look there (somewhere under c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\Local.... I think).

Found it. Thank you so much. All of my files were moved there as .tmp files. There were also 4gb of files that I converted months ago. Basically 11 files that were duplicated about 30 times as .tmp files. They've just been sitting there this whole time taking up space. Very weird.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by General Zod.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 2 members online