Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing)

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42707

• dockens
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been successfully exporting my comics to cbz from cbr for years. Yesterday I started getting strange behavior when doing this. Comicrack successfully converts to cbz, and deletes the cbr, but then the newly created cbz file disappears!

I watched the folder where the files reside during the process and can see the cbz appear, then both disappear. I can restore the cbr from the recycle bin but the cbz version is nowhere to be found.

Seems like Comicrack is for some reason permanently deleting the cbz after creation.

Any thoughts/solutions?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42708

• dockens
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok. An additional bit of information. Some files I had already converted to cbz and tried to use the scraper to get info for them from comicvine. The scrapper worked without issue, but when it was done the file disappeared. Not in the recycle bin, just gone.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42711

• n8thagr8
  • Fresh Boarder
Exact same thing started happening to me. Converting cbr to cbz deletes the files. Even trying to open newly downloaded cbz files deletes them, but old ones are fine. Also disappears them when I use the comic vine scraper.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42714

• wmwadeii
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Have you verified your directory paths? Seems like its converting in the same folder, then deleting the cbr, and moving the cbz based on settings. Example I have mine checked to use same directory.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42715

• dockens
  • Fresh Boarder
I have it set to export to "Same Folder and Replace in Library". Plus ones that are already cbz disappear when I scrape them, so I don't think it's from the conversion per se. I am going to look around on my drives to see if I can find the missing files.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42716

• n8thagr8
  • Fresh Boarder
Same here. I have it set to replace the original file just like I always have for the past year or so but just in the last two or three days this started happening. And it's not just when I convert to cbz so I don't think it's that anyway. Sometimes it happens when I use the comic vine scraper and a few times as soon as I opened a folder in comic rack that was all cbz files they just immiedately disappear without me even doing anything.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42717

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Did all of you upgrade to Windows 10?

I've upgraded, but not noticed this behavior.

What program do you have associated with cbz files (I don't have Comicrack associated with cbr or cbz)

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42718

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Seems like a weird coincidence, but I also started experiencing this.
Haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet, still on 8.1

Fresh install of CR fixed it.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dockens

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42723

• Kreos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I have been having the similar issues. Files are disappesring, but I don't convert files in cr. I'm ocd about my file naming, so I send all my files through a bulk renamer first, which also converts all cbr to cbz. So everything is cbz when it gets to cr.

What I'm finding is that it is happening to me after I try to write info to the file. After testing, I have determined its not connected to the CV scraper. I thought it was until I turned off auto update files and turned off allow to write to file. So that has mitigated the damage, but it hasn't solved the problem. Hope this information helps in tracking down the issue.

Converting to cbz problems (file disappearing) 2 years 4 months ago #42726

• dockens
  • Fresh Boarder
As Kenjio did, I uninstalled and reinstalled, keeping my settings and data. This seems to have fixed the issue.

UPDATE 1: So it only partially fixed the issue. Now I can convert and scrape without any problems, but I can't add the newly converted/scraped comics to my library. The option is there and selectable, but nothing happens. Then if I try to use the Library Organizer add-on, the file disappears, as before.

UPDATE 2: Well, it seems that if I add to my library before I convert to cbz it works, and all else works to. My previous process was to convert everything, scrape, add to library, and then use the Library Organizer add-on. Apparently I will have to add to my library before I convert from now on.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by dockens.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and no members online