Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems...

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 10 months ago #44509

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
And if I remember my implementation correctly, it starts asking you only if you manage more than about 100 comics, or you used it for some time (and seem to like it).

And yes, there is no functional difference. The only thing the donation removes is the donation reminder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 10 months ago #44510

• Mastiff
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo, as the thread starter (I have nothing to do with all the bitching and moaning), is there going to be a change in the interface so it works better with high resolution? :)

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 10 months ago #44511

• cYo
Without actually reading your complaint :) - I just got a Mac Book Pro with Retina Display so I can try it out and come back with my impressions.

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 10 months ago #44512

• Mastiff
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! :) Good man! Condensed: I use a Surface 4 Pro, and buttons and menues are of a size that demands a magnifying glass, at least for me, rounding half a century in a couple of months...

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 10 months ago #44516

• DrCord
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, it starts harassing you for a donation as soon as you load more than a hundred comics, which I accidently did right away, even thoguh I had no intention of managing them all. So I tested the program out on my desktop (non-retina) display and said "ok, this works ok, I guess I will donate to support this guy and to remove this notice." Then a few weeks later I started using my retina display to use the program and realized it is close to unusable if you have perfect eyesight on a high resolution display and if you have poor eyesight is completely unusable.

Everyone is trashing on me for complaining about problems with the software in the forum...I would have asked you, the creator for a refund and complained directly but you offer not ability to do so. I guess I should thank them, as this thread probably got noticed due to the increased activity from the users who feel like talking shit to me.

Thank you for looking into the issue. I would recommend having a way for users to contact you directly.

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 9 months ago #44569

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Mastiff, I don't suppose you read comics in a dark room? I like to read at night but without lamps, just wondering if the Surface display brightness can go down to a comfortable level to facilitate this? Modern displays are usually very bright even at 0% brightness.

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 9 months ago #44572

• Mastiff
  • Fresh Boarder
Not often, but I read webnewspapers on it every night in bed, before I sleep. On 0 it's not at all a problem for my rather light sensitive wife. B)

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 9 months ago #44578

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Alright, sounds good, cheers.

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 9 months ago #44598

I thought it would be better to post here instead of making a new topic. I too have just received my surface pro 4 and I have been trying comicrack and comicscraper but neither work well. I only get half the view (see pictures) Also I was wondering are there touch gestures that we can use to get to the next page? Now I tap the screen and click on the next page arrow with my stylus.
Attachments:

Surface 4 Pro - almost perfect for comics, but two problems... 1 year 8 months ago #44780

• cYo
I looked into the issue and spent the weekend making ComicRack HDPI ready.
You can expect 0.9.178 on the weekend.

The problems with scripts using Winforms (like the scraper) have to be solved by the script providers/maintainers.
I've adapted the one shipping with ComicRack. So these can be used as a template for the fixes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mastiff
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Who's Online

We have 424 guests and 7 members online