Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: 4:3 Tablet

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45518

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Have you any ideas on decent 4:3 tablets besides stupid apple stuff? it seems there are not many options, at least if you want 10" ore more and a card-slot. i don't care for performance, but the screen should be good. as you can imagine, i', aiming for a comic-reader only.

thanx :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45520

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Surface pro 3 / surface pro 4 / surface book?

3:2 but best experience I have had.
12" + and a micro sd slot.

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45523

• khaoohs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I can vouch for the pixel C. Screen is beautiful, battery lasts for days.

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45530

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
thanx for anserws!

Surface seems to be a good idea. but... the price is not very friendly. i don't need quadcore and good GPU and so on - i just wanna read on a decent display :(

The Problem with the Pixel C (which looks like a wnonderful thingy) is: no card slot. and the price for adding 32GB internal storage ist ridicoulous. you can buy 256 GB sd-cards for 99$, why sould i pay 99$ for 32GB?

benefit of the surface would be.. it's a "real" computer :D

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45531

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
The other issue with the Surface is that it doesnt act the same way as an android or ipad when switching pages and things like that since it is the PC version. Also, if that is not the machine that you use to manage your library, you cant sync like you can on Android.

You can look at the Samsung tabs. They have a line of tablets that are 4:3 i believe. Usually have nice screens on them.

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45624

• Dom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Silentgray, if you use 2 windows machines you can access your library over the internet and you can download any books you want or you can just open the comics and stream the pages. It will sync the reading progress and ratings.

Der Internet, the prices are high just for a comic reader but the lowest spec surface pro 3+ will do just fine and give you a great experience. There might be a price drop for used ones when the SP5's are released.
Regards,
Dom

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45628

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
Dom you are correct you can set up the shared library and it will sync items to the machine that you are accessing your library from. But any changes you make your "reading" machine dont sync back to your library machine. Unless i totally missed something.

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45643

• Dom
  • Fresh Boarder
What changes are you referring to? I do all my maintenance on the server and only use the client to open and read books which works fine and is all I need so I don't modify any other data. You might need to enable "Clients can edit books" (in the sharing settings) to update reading positions if this isn't working for you, this setting is not enabled by default but I just retested it and rating a book changed it immediately on the server.

I am the only user of my server so having edit mode on is not a problem for me but if you share your server then use with care.
Regards,
Dom

4:3 Tablet 1 year 4 months ago #45645

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
The reading percentage is the type of change i was talking about. So i will have to verify this and try it out. Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 6 members online