Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Issue with proposed values: titles and series

Issue with proposed values: titles and series 1 year 4 months ago #45719

  • Dumnorix
  • Dumnorix's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Hi,

I'm a more or less new user to ComicRack. I used it a couple of years back on my laptop, before it died, where I manually sorted out and fixed most of my tags and structure. It was hell for roughly 3.000 comics. Of course, when my laptop died, my database disappeared too and I had to start over again, which I really didn't feel like.
Since then I've been avoiding installing ComicRack on my pc and I just read them using the Android app. Which is all fine, but it didn't fix this mess of a library. I installed ComicRack again (latest version) last week with fresh intentions to fix it and have a clean, readable library again.

For example, I know I have 76 series (sorted in folders), while ComicRack claims I have 1959 series. Boo! I know it's because the program automatically proposes titles and stuff based on the file name. Sadly for me, it interprets the title tags, for example "Asterix and the Secret Weapon" as "Series" (in the info window, after clicked on the chosen comic). I could naturally manually copy paste that info as "Title" and manually add "Asterix" as "Series". Luckily Asterix has only 30 odd titles. But if I have to do this for all 3.000 comics, I'll be sitting here next year, cramped up fixing tags.

Is there a (quick) way to fix this, for example:
- Switching automatically the "Title" and "Series", for example by script? I'm not at home in coding: does such an alternate script exist?
- Change the proposed values way of interpreting the file names (to add the file names minus the numbers etc. as "Title" instead of "Series")?

I read (I admit I skimmed some parts) the manual, something called The Organizer and I searched the forums and wiki. I tried using the ComicVine scraper but it didn't recognise many of my comics (plus didn't really fix my problem). I installed some scripts like Library Organizer and Data Manager, which didn't do what I want (except changing my mapped folder structure, which I really don't want). I found an 'old' script on the forum, Guided Rename, but I haven't been able to figure out how to start it.

Am I missing something oblivious? I'm probably not the first one with such a problem and someone smarter probably fixed it a long time ago.

Thanks in advance.

Dumnorix
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue with proposed values: titles and series 1 year 3 months ago #45721

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 760
  • Thank you received: 248
  • Karma: 55
Considering that you seem to have relatively few series and they are already in a folder structure it may be easier to use the folder view and manually edit all of the files in each folder at once.

For automation you could create Data Manager rules based on the file directories or swap values between fields.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dumnorix

Issue with proposed values: titles and series 1 year 3 months ago #45722

  • Dumnorix
  • Dumnorix's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Thanks a lot. I looked up the Data Manager manual and create a couple of rules to fix it.
A small follow up question:
My ruleset is for example:
<<FileDirectory.Is:\\192.168.1.7\Books\Comics\Asterix>> => <<Series.SetValue:Asterix>> <<Title.SetValue:{FileName}>>
Is there a way to use as a setvalue of the title {FileName}-number, with number being the number of the album (at the end of the filename). If not, it's only a small effort to do it manually, certainly compared to the time I won!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue with proposed values: titles and series 1 year 3 months ago #45733

  • jkthemac
  • jkthemac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 760
  • Thank you received: 248
  • Karma: 55
I am not exactly sure what you mean, as I dont know where the album number is in your file path. This is an example that might point you in the direction you need. It adds trailing digits from filenames to the title.

Assuming the number is always at the end of the filename and is preceded with a space then you would use this Regex Replace.

Note: This assumes you are not using ScanInformation and it checks that field is empty before proceeding and leaves it empty afterwards.

<<FileName.RegEx:\d$>> <<ScanInformation.Is:>> => <<ScanInformation.SetValue:{FileName}>> <<ScanInformation.RegexReplace:^.+ (\d+)$||$1>> <<Title.Add:"-"{ScanInformation}>> <<ScanInformation.SetValue:>>

If what you mean is taking a filename and inserting a dash into it when there are trailing digits then you could use

<<FileName.RegEx:\d$>> <<ScanInformation.Is:>> => <<ScanInformation.SetValue:{FileName}>> <<ScanInformation.RegexReplace:(^.+) (\d+)$||$1-$2>> <<Title.SetValue:{ScanInformation}>> <<ScanInformation.SetValue:>>

I quite like playing with regex so if you provide a full path and the required title I could always rewrite this to suit your requirements.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Who's Online

We have 156 guests and 5 members online