Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Comicrack is crashing my PC

Comicrack is crashing my PC 1 year 5 months ago #45731

• seym56
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have windows 10 and when I am either adding books to my collection or editing the info on the new books I added, sometimes my PC will get a memory error and crash (I.e blue screen of death). This only occurs when I am doing stuff in Comicrack and it happens about 5 times a day. I do have a very large collection(2380 Comic's and growing) and I am always adding new books every day. If you need any other info let me know.

Is this happening to any one else?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by seym56.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comicrack is crashing my PC 1 year 5 months ago #45732

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
2k books is not a lot. I think we have one user on here with over 60k. Just a few things we can troubleshoot that I can think of.
1: Memory: Check to see if it is going bad on your system. It might only flag on Comicrack as it uses more than other programs.
2: Hard Drive: Is your hard drive going bad?
3: Files: Is it one/multiple corrupt files that are causing the issue. Try adding smaller groups to comic rack. We want to narrow down what is causing the error in CRW. Check your archives to verify they are good before opening in CRW.
4:Change your settings NOT to update books automatically. This will allow you to edit the info and see if it is the update that is causing the error. If it is, I believe it might be how CRW repackages the archive files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 4 members online