Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Constant error popup

Constant error popup 1 year 3 months ago #45770

• patch61
  • Fresh Boarder
I am an avid fan and user of Comicrack. It is an awesome piece of software. I only have one major complaint; I keep getting a very generic error message popup.

The error window has an option to 'Try to resume', which I use successfully. There is also a checkbox for 'Submit report' button that I have kept checked since it first appeared. Considering that my comic collection has grown to almost 75,000, I must have clicked to close the error window thousands of times and thus, there must have been thousands of reports sent by now. It is very frustrating.

It only occurs when I have clicked to do something, it never happens when I am just reading, thankfully. There are no exact series of steps to trigger the error, it seems to occur at random.

I hope that this gets fixed soon. I am starting to consider it a chore to use Comicrack now, instead of the fun it used to be.

Edit: When I click the 'Details' button, at the beginning of all the debug info, it mentions an out of memory error. I just upgraded from 8GB of RAM to 16GB. I should not be out of memory (it happens even if Comicrack is the only program running).

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by patch61. Reason: added info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Constant error popup 1 year 3 months ago #45771

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
out of memory with 16GB of RAM, not likely. I'm only running 2GB. As you said you don't know what triggers it, the best we can come up with is to try to clean caches, check memory settings in CRW, or attempt a fresh install so it reOptimizes with your new memory configuration.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Who's Online

We have 202 guests and 4 members online