Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Export list/library to Excel?

Export list/library to Excel? 1 year 2 months ago #45892

I'm using ComicRack with Comic Vine Scraper to organize a bunch of old comics and tell me when they were published so I can read them in that order. A time warp, if you will.

I'd really like to be able to access my list without opening ComicRack itself, so I could have a lightweight file I can put on my tablet and see what's next. It seems like this should be pretty easy, and so I've spent several hours trying to figure out how to edit the built-in "Export Book List" script (I am not a programmer), as well as Googling and searching on here, all to no avail.

The Export Book List script only pulls a few of the fields, and doesn't seem very useful for what I'm doing. Ideally I'd like for it to automatically include every field I have displayed in my details view, but if that's not possible I guess I'd want Publisher, Series, Number, Published, Added, Pages, Writer, Penciller, Released, and Tags. I figured I could just turn those on somewhere and use Export Book List.

I have a feeling there's something simple I'm missing here, but I'm at my wit's end with this, so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I've had some success now backing up my comic library to an XML file and importing that to Excel, but the issue counts are off. Also it would be a hassle to have to repeat the process and delete all the unwanted columns every time I add some books.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by thegraaayghost.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Export list/library to Excel? 1 year 2 months ago #45894

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Who's Online

We have 177 guests and 4 members online