Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Missing comics

Missing comics 1 year 4 months ago #45907

• Paladinz
  • Fresh Boarder
I have 1,967 comics on my Yarvik tablet but CR didn't see most of them (only about 50).

After some reading here I moved them all to my pc, paired the tablet with my pc and synced the comics. After a few days it said it was complete but only 230 comics showed in CR on the tablet.

I deleted these, converted them all to cbz and tried syncing again. After a few days 370 comics showed after it said it was complete.

I unzipped all 1,.967 comics then rezipped them and copied them manually to the tablet. The sd card shows 1,967 yet CR shows 322. Refreshing the library doesnt change it.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Missing comics 1 year 4 months ago #45910

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
full version of CRA? and are they compatible with your tablet? .cbz, cbr, raw cbr, or optimized sync?

Missing comics 1 year 4 months ago #45912

• Paladinz
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply Fuzzyluzzi,

Yes its the full version of CR on the tablet.

I'm not sure what you are asking is compatible with my tablet, if CR then since it installed from Play Store I would assume its compatible, if you mean the comics they were originally .cbz and show in Windows CR so again I would assume they are compatible with CR, not sure how they would or would not be compatible with my tablet.

They were converted to .CBZ with CR via the Export / Convert to CBZ menu option to ensure compatibility and then synced to the tablet without Optimize Size checked.

Just manually copied them across and it took 2 minutes to refresh the library (comics are on the external SD and added in the Additional comic folder setting, so it's reading more than 380 comics to take that long) and again shows only 380 comics.

Just tried them in PV and it shows 1,967 comics and has opened all of the random selection I tried, I just don't like PV as much, CR is far better :)

Tried Challenge viewer and it reads them all, no issues :(
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Paladinz.

Missing comics 1 year 4 months ago #45913

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
ok, so it's not the compatibility of the CBZ. I made a mistake when I said RAW CBR. I meant SOLID CBR. I assuming you are putting them into the same directory. Not a sub-directory that can't be accessed. Is there any other way you can narrow down which ones are missing? Alphabet, date/time added?

Missing comics 1 year 4 months ago #45914

• Paladinz
  • Fresh Boarder
They are all in the same folder and the order in CR is a little odd.

The files are named numerically, "2000 AD 0001.cbz" to "2000AD 1961.cbz" etc. with some specials and extras also.

Sorted by file name CR lists "2000 AD 0001.cbz" - "2000 AD 0359.cbz" then jumps to "2000 AD 0800 Micro-Guide 1 - Series Index.cbz" (which it calls "AD 0800 Micro-Guide 1 - Series Index #1 (2000)", misses "2000 AD 0800.cbz" and lists "AD 0801 Micro-Guide - Judge Dredd Index #2 (2000)", then "2000AD (1945)", "2000AD (1946)" - "2000AD (1961)" which I assume are actually "2000 AD 1945.cbz" etc as there are no issues named as it lists them.

The files were zipped in file name order and copied across in the same order so I don't see any method to the madness.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Who's Online

We have 250 guests and 2 members online