Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Comics deleting upon book file update?!

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 11 months 2 weeks ago #45924

• bfollowell
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently updated to very 0.9.178 and have noticed some strange and alarming behavior. I got some new comics today. They were in cbr format. The first thing I did was export them to cbz. Then I scraped and edited the details. My normal next step is to update the book files, which I did. I was promptly presented with a red box with a big white X. The files had been deleted. When I check my recycle bin, the original cbrs are there from where they were exported to cbz, but the cbz files are just gone. They've either been moved, to where I have no earthly idea, or they've been permanently deleted, completely bypassing the recycle bin.

I shut down ComicRack and rebooted my computer, but the behavior is still there. I've been a user for several years now and I have never experienced any behavior like this. Has anyone else ever seen or heard of anything like this before? My next step will be to uninstall/reinstall. If I don't hear from anyone before I try that, I'll post my results here later.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 11 months 2 weeks ago #45925

• bfollowell
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I'm no closer to knowing what may have caused this crazy behavior, but uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling seems to have corrected it.

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 11 months 1 week ago #45973

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
This has just started happening with me as well. I only lost about 10 books (that I know of :( ) but its really upsetting.

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 11 months 3 days ago #46025

• Ressiv
  • Fresh Boarder
This is happening to me as well. I have manually updated the volume in the browser and had this happen. I have updated tags via the Comic Vine scraper and each updated comic vanishes with no trace in the recycling bin. I am still on version 9.176 (64 bit - Win 10)

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 10 months 2 days ago #46154

• lucidusatra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm also having this issue suddenly. Alarming is a good word for it!

EDIT: A reinstall seems to have fixed the problem... for now. I did some googling, and found a thread about this issue from about a year ago.

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/38899...les-are-disappearing

So it would seem that when ComicRack updates book files, it actually creates a copy of the book with the updated XML information. That copy sits in this folder,

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts

until ComicRack has finished deleting the original file. It looks like ComicRack is deleting the original file, but failing to replace it with the copy for some reason. Anyway, go check that folder, it has your missing comics. A reinstall will fix the issue temporarily, but some people said they had the issue reoccur.

I, by the way, am on a clean install of Windows 10, and the initial occurrence of the issue can't have been due to a Windows Update for me (as was theorized in the other thread), as ComicRack was working normally earlier today, and the issue occurred suddenly tonight without any rebooting or updating. I hope a permanent solution is found soon.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by lucidusatra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 5 months 1 week ago #46923

• iminhull
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you @lucidusatra. I was beginning to panic!

Comics deleting upon book file update?! 1 week 3 days ago #47965

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
wow glad you guys posted this, i just had the fright of my life :)

i restarted comic rack running as administrator and this bug went away. not an ideal fix thou.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Who's Online

We have 385 guests and 2 members online