Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Hangs while searching for devices

Hangs while searching for devices 1 year 3 months ago #45940

• ChrisTheS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
When I try to pair anything (even something that I've manually entered the IP of and got a positive result from the 'test' button) the program sits at the 'searching all connected devices' screen forever (I left it on overnight once and it was still going), and the only way to make it stop is to force-quit. It used to just time out after about 5 minutes if it didn't find anything. I've tried both removing my .ini file and reinstalling in case I screwed something up at some point, but no change. Any ideas? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hangs while searching for devices 1 year 5 days ago #46535

• ChrisTheS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Problem solved. I have 18TB worth of external hard drives, and CR was treating ALL of them as potential devices and searching ALL of them before it would attempt to connect to any wireless sources. Unplugging the drives allowed it to pair instantly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matoliver

Hangs while searching for devices 7 months 1 week ago #47250

• matoliver
  • Fresh Boarder
This happens to me every time I add a new device, I forget to unplug my external drives and then spend hours trying to figure out why it keeps hanging. There should be a warning that pops up before you press the 'pair device' button.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 230 guests and 4 members online