Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Edit info whilst reading possible?

Edit info whilst reading possible? 1 year 2 months ago #45956

• Psychobob
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm one of those anal people who likes having populated the metadata for their comics.

At the moment what I do is read my comics and then tag keywords as I go about reading them and the way I do this is by bringing up the information box (with Ctrl + I) when I come across a scene that warrants a tag. This is fine and workable but a bit annoying that I have to keep showign and hiding this box as it prevents turning pages when that box is open (in fact you can't click anything outside the box until you close it).

Is there a way (i.e. a custom view, plugin or another feature I'm missing) where I can read the comic and leave the info editor open at the same time so I can read and update the information as I go without having to bring up/dismiss the pop up editor continuously?

Ideally a split panel of of some sort would work best, but I'm open to other ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Edit info whilst reading possible? 1 year 2 months ago #46009

I agree that this would be very helpful. I've only started the long process of moving 1TB of comics into the CR system and I am finding stuff all over the place that I missed the first time around.

That said, I personally am enjoying the program much more as a database than as a reader (I find the controls counter-intuitive and it keeps forgetting my new keymaps), so you might want to do what I do and have a non-complex backup program to do the reading of the books. That way you can keep that window open at the same time as you're in ComicRack.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by phaedrusnyc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 6 members online