Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Recently switched to MySQL shared database - duplicate entries appearing

Recently switched to MySQL shared database - duplicate entries appearing 1 year 4 months ago #46000

• Kez
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

A couple days ago I set up ComicRack to use a MySQL database. This all appeared to work fine until I started adding new comics. My process for adding comics is as follows:

Smartlist for "Unsorted" folder containing new comics.
ComicVine scraper to add metadata
Library Organizer to move the files into the desired locations

Once this is done, if I then choose "Scan Book Folders", the newly added books will be added again but with no metadata and I now have two entries for each book - one with metadata and one without, but both pointing to the same file. If I repeat the scraping/sorting process on the new entries, Library Organizer will attempt to "overwrite" the existing file but, presumably because there is only one file, it just ends up deleting the file. If I delete the "new" entries, they reappear on the next scan unless I remove files - which also removes the entries I do want.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue, but it seems to be related to Library Organizer. For some reason when it relocates the files, ComicRack now believes they are new even though there is already an entry for them in the database.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Kez
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recently switched to MySQL shared database - duplicate entries appearing 1 year 4 months ago #46001

• Kez
  • Fresh Boarder
Nevermind - I'm an idiot. Turns out one little detail I forgot is that I had to mount my comic drive as a network drive to give the files the same path as on my other computer. What I didn't do is change the drive letter in Library Organizer. Problem is solved now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Who's Online

We have 224 guests and 2 members online