Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46069

  • ratm_rip
  • ratm_rip's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
HI!

Long time user, first time poster.

The inevitable have happened, my computer crashed and I had to reinstall windows and thus comicrack was removed and the database is gone and as naive as I am I did not have a backup. All my comics on the other hand is safe and the metadata is intact and I have started the process of rebuilding the database in the app. But there is one thing that is not stored in the metadata it seems, and that is if the comic has been read or not. With a vast collection and a reading history of many years this is a sad moment but not everything is lost, I have a tablet that is fairly recently synced that contains all comics that I have not read and with this information recreating could be possible.

So my plan is the following:
1. Mark everything in the library as read
2. Match the comics on my tablet with the one on the computer and mark that one as unread

My plan on doing this is to write a script and to do this I have some questions.
1. How do I mark a comic as read? Is it to set book.ReadPercentage to 100 or is there another field that should be set as well?
2. What is the easiest way to match comics? Metadata is scraped using the ComicVine if that helps.

Do you see any trouble with this or have a smarter way of doing it? Thanks in advance and I'll take any help that I can get.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46077

  • boshuda
  • boshuda's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 285
  • Thank you received: 63
  • Karma: 7
I think you're going to run into the problem of book.ReadPercentage being read-only. Before spending any time on it, make sure that property can be written.

If it works, I personally would match them up using the CVDB issue number from the custom field that Comic Vine Scraper creates. Although that might be missing with the database. It should be saved in the notes section, though, assuming you exported the books to CBZ format... There could still be some issues with that as sometimes the numbers are deprecated and turned into pikahyper entries. You might want to search based on Series, Volume, issue, year, and month. The year and month is to deal with those series that get started multiple times in one year. Even with that you might get some inconsistencies because a particular issue/series might have been changed since you scraped your original collection and a new scrape.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratm_rip

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46078

  • ratm_rip
  • ratm_rip's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Argh! That seems to be true, missed that when I was looking through the wiki. But I can write to notes! So in all the comics that has a match on my tablet I can add a message in the notes saying "unread" and then filter those out using a smart list of comics that don't have that message and mark all those as read.

Looked around at a couple of them and most of them had the CVDB issue number so that is good. Thanks a lot!

Will be back with either a solution or more questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46148

  • rmagere
  • rmagere's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 219
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 6
The way I handle it as follows:
* if book.ReadPercentage is 100 then libraryorganiser adds [R} to the end of the filename
* smartlist which identifies books that have ReadPercentage = 100 and not [R] within the filename so that I can run library organiser on them
* smartlist which identifies book that have [R] within the filename but REadPercentage is not 100 so that I can mark them as read.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46152

  • boshuda
  • boshuda's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 285
  • Thank you received: 63
  • Karma: 7
Don't forget, if you have the Android app set to hide certain page types (advertisements, deleted, letters, etc) and those are at the end of the book, then the read percentage won't go to 100. It will subtract out the percentage amount of the unviewed page(s). You have to go in to the page scroller at the bottom and manually look at those pages or force it 'Read' in the browser.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recreate "Read" status after database gone missing using android 1 year 1 month ago #46161

  • ratm_rip
  • ratm_rip's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
magere:
That is a really good idea! Have had trouble with getting the script to work inside of CR so instead doing everything outside and then creating a smartlist I think is the easiest way to go. Thank you so much for that thought.

boshuda:
That I don't but thanks for pointing that out, had no idea that it worked like that.

Will return when I get it to work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 9 members online