Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: File Renaming with Library Organizer

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46197

• creeva
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been using comic rack for awhile. One thing I've noticed when I rename files is that items in parenthesis is ignored when renaming such as (digital) or (c2c). Is there an option where I can get the file renamed from "test comic #45 (c2c) (digital).cbz" to "test comic #45.cbz". I'm sure this is a simple option I'm missing, I just can't find it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46198

• creeva
  • Fresh Boarder
Nevermind - I figured it out using the built-in renaming instead of library organizer - so another step, but I have it figured out.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46199

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
You shouldn't need to use another step? Organiser should do it fine. Do you have the file already scraped. Scraping first really helps.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46200

• creeva
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes - here is my normal flow

1. - copy any new files to 0 day folder
2. - scrape all files
3. Run data manager
4. Clean up Dupes
5. Run Library Organizer

So Library Organizer moves all the files and places them in proper folders - it will also rename the file if there are discrepancies with the name. However, back to the previous issue it doesn't change anything in (parenthesis). Using the Automation rename file - that changes the name and removes the unnecessary data within parenthesis.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46201

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
I personally found that Library Organizer won't get certain comics based on my rules. It ignores all of my Main Series, Limited Series, TPB, etc rules, and falls through to Default (the last Profile in the drop-down list). However, once there it names things the way I want it to. It completely renames the file and removes what I don't want, and puts them in the format and folder I want them. In case it helps, this is my Default File Structure macro:
{<series>}{ v<volume>} { #<number>}{ (of <count0>)} ({<year4>}{<month2>}{<Day2>})
Which gives
The Punisher v2011 #15 (201211).cbz
AVX - VS v2012 #5 (of 6) (201210).cbz

I've included that profile. You have to unzip it, because the forum won't allow me to upload with the original filename.
Attachments:

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46227

• Pachilles
  • Fresh Boarder
Just curious, but why aren't you doing it like this?

{<series>}{ v<volume>} { #<number>}{ (of <count0>)} ({<year4>}-{<month2>})
Which gives
The Punisher v2011 #15 (2012-11).cbz
AVX - VS v2012 #5 (of 6) (2012-10).cbz

A dash '-' to make it have more context as to what those numbers are.
Why bother with the <Day2> part, when day rarely has any use?

Pachilles

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46228

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
I'm just trying to save as much space as possible, so no dash. I'm rethinking that, though, since your example was much easier to read. Ideally I'd like to actually pad it out so the date would YYYYMMDD and if any of those values were missing, it would be replaced with zeroes. So 20120800 or 20120000 so text/regex searches could find it easily.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46232

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
creeva wrote:

2. - scrape all files
3. Run data manager
4. Clean up Dupes
5. Run Library Organizer

So Library Organizer moves all the files and places them in proper folders - it will also rename the file if there are discrepancies with the name. However, back to the previous issue it doesn't change anything in (parenthesis). Using the Automation rename file - that changes the name and removes the unnecessary data within parenthesis.

I must be missing something, are you trying to rename your files within the data manager step? Library Organiser does that much easier and it wont have this issue. See for example the way boshuda does it above.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by jkthemac.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46233

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
creeva wrote:

2. - scrape all files
3. Run data manager
4. Clean up Dupes
5. Run Library Organizer

I must be missing something, are you trying to rename your files within the data manager step? Library Organiser does that much easier and it wont have this issue. See for example the way boshuda does it above.

I think he's cleaning up his dupes before running library organizer so he doesn't try to copy files over top of one another. That's what I do. But by running Data Manager before cleaning up dupes he's changing things that might cause Comic Rack to find more duplicates. If you change the format, for example, it could find a match that was missed when the two books had different formats.

File Renaming with Library Organizer 1 year 2 months ago #46234

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Having never used this workflow, (I overwrite duplicates so I never look for them until the files are moving) then I have never run into this problem I guess.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by jkthemac.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds

Who's Online

We have 247 guests and 3 members online