Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Export->Renaming->Custom (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?)

Export->Renaming->Custom​ (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?) 1 year 4 hours ago #46370

• fikebr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all.

I would like to use a custom file-naming template when I export a comic.
I've tried quite a few attempts like...
[{series}][ - {number}]
{<series>}{ V<volume>}

but the file just gets named that literal string.

Can someone point me to some documentation on how to use this feature?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Export->Renaming->Custom​ (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?) 1 year 3 hours ago #46371

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
You might want to look into this script: comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/1...11-september-25-2014 rather than relying on the built in export function

Export->Renaming->Custom​ (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?) 11 months 4 weeks ago #46373

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
This is one that I have:
[{format} ][{series}][ {volume}][ #{number}][ ({year}[/{month}])]

That one works.

One thing I noticed on the templates I have is that the little drop-down above it set to 'Caption', not 'Custom'. It's been a long time since I set those up so I can't say if I did that for any particular reason.

+1 for Library organizer. But unless I'm mistaken it doesn't convert things to CBZ, so if that's your goal you'll still need to export comics.

Export->Renaming->Custom​ (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?) 11 months 4 weeks ago #46388

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
boshuda wrote:
+1 for Library organizer. But unless I'm mistaken it doesn't convert things to CBZ, so if that's your goal you'll still need to export comics.

Yes should have been clearer :) I would separate the "convert to cbz" which you would still do with export from the "rename & move" which you would do with library organizer - rather than trying to do both tasks in one.

Export->Renaming->Custom​ (Is there any help\documentation for this feature?) 3 weeks 6 days ago #48234

• jonathan
  • Fresh Boarder
Use Batch Rename Files Tool when you export a comic to escape message literal string. You can easily found hier BatchRenameFiles.org
Last Edit: 3 days 52 minutes ago by jonathan.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 217 guests and 6 members online