Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Using android SD library as Windows library

Using android SD library as Windows library 1 year 1 week ago #46521

• Stoltverd
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.
First post and it's asking for help :/

Let me tell you first the story of an external HDD. It was a nice HDD. 1TB of storage and pretty fast and so I had my 200+ GB comic library there.. One day it started to act up. Randomly windows would not recognize it and then would magically recognize it again. It caused a lot of corrupted files. The HDD was forgotten and only used to store huge amounts of data in small quantities. (A lot of files)

Forward in time.
I got a new tablet. A beautiful Nvidia Shield K1 and a 128GB SD card. Finally I could read my comics without fear of a HDD disconnection or file corruption.
I started to copy my comics one by one to the SD card.
The directory was the main library of Android's comicrack: root\Android\data\com.cyo.comicrack.viewer\files\Comics\

The work was over!
Forward a few days later and I decided to replace some comic books. So I connected my tablet to my PC, fired ComicRack for windows and tried to set my main library to my android's comic book directory. ComicRack just told me it couldn't set that as my library...
So I get my SD card out of my tablet and Into the SD reader it goes.
Library directory In windows: E:\Android\data\com.cyo.comicrack.viewer\files\Comics\

My question is... What will I do when I need to replace more comics? Or what will happen if using my tablet I add some tags? Will they appear when I get my SD into my PC to organize comics?
Is there ANY way to set my main library to my tablet? I don't want to keep getting the SD card in and out from my tablet. It would put a lot of strain on the SD card and in the plastic protecting the slot on the tablet :(

i hope I've been clear :( english is not my native tongue.

I can't use the main HDD of my PC. It doesn't have enough space. And as I said, the external one is almost toasted.
But that brings another question: I'm using CBZ as my file type and storing all my metadata INSIDE the files. If I ever get a new external HDD can I copy all my comics from the SD card to the new drive and use the "change" option in "preferences - library" to change my library directory AND keep all my metadata and tags?

Any help is appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using android SD library as Windows library 1 year 1 week ago #46525

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You can try this: www.guidingtech.com/13749/share-access-a...omputer-wi-fi-files/

. I haven't myself but this would be the road I would go down based on what you are trying to do.

In theory this will make windows think the drive is mounted locally and ComicRack SHOULD be able to see it as the main library folder.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by burnshroom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoltverd

Using android SD library as Windows library 1 year 1 week ago #46527

• Stoltverd
  • Fresh Boarder
I would have to root, so that's a no for me. Seems interesting though!!!!

I decided to go ahead and buy a new external drive!
Got it today in fact!!!!! :D

What I'm worried now is losing my tags and my scraped data. I checked and it's there! Still in each CBZ. However I had to rename some of the folders since the file address location for some in the new HDD was too long.

There are more than 5000 comics so re scrapping them would be a pain. Specially since there are some comics with mini series, and the naming format I use confuses the comic vine scraper. (Lets put as an example the walking dead. I would call it for example "The walking dead 145 - What we become 3.cbz) That makes rescraping painfully long and arduous since for some series I have to do it almost manually.

I was thinking of editing the database xml file and change the address. Would that work? Or would that be wasted effort since? I can stomach losing my tags. But not my metadata D:

Another doubt I have is: Should I erase my library content from the SD and now that I have a new drive just synchronize?

And lastly a noob question: How can I synchronize some comics but not all? I have like 500GB of comics but the sd card isn't so big. I would like to start a rotation. Is it possible? How?

EDIT:
The renaming of the folders mostly did nothing. In some cases however I had to rescrap the comics for some reason since the metadata was deleted Oo
I also have decided to erase my SD library and sync. And lastly notices that the sync menu allows me to choose the lists to sync.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Stoltverd.

Using android SD library as Windows library 10 months 4 weeks ago #46747

• divyanshi2
  • Fresh Boarder
you can save more space by rooting android so Get steps for How to Root Android for rooting and create free space for usable application instead of inbuilt apps of company.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Who's Online

We have 273 guests and 3 members online