Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack?

Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack? 11 months 4 weeks ago #46567

Hi Gang...I was wondering if anybody knew what's the maximum number of books we can manage in each session of ComicRack before the db starts getting too big. I currently have about 20,000 books just in my Marvel session. I created separate sessions for DC, and other publishers cause I was afraid of the db getting too big.

Has anyone experimented with managing a really large number of comics within the same session? Say close to 100,000 books?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack? 11 months 4 weeks ago #46568

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
I would say: make sure to use the SQL option.

I am not close (about 33k) to that number but until I moved to SQL and relied on a USB3 portable drive for my "working" directory with a regular back-ups over the network it was painful. Now everything is very smooth.

Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack? 11 months 4 weeks ago #46574

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
I currently have 133k+ comics. I do not use MySQL. I have a truckload of flat and smart lists. Way too many of them, honestly. And it runs pretty well. There are definitely times when I wait for stuff to chug through, but's mostly on complicated smart lists (the duplicate lists can leave me hanging for a little while).

My system isn't really anything all that special, it was halfway decent when I rebuilt it probably 1-2 years ago. I do have an internal RAID array (1+0 maybe?).

Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack? 11 months 3 weeks ago #46592

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have way too many (scraping and sorting duplicates right now), but with MySQL I have had over 800k with only some small issues loading the entire library at once.

Right now I have 757,032 and only when I load a list over 200k do I see much lag.

Maximum number of Comics in ComicRack? 11 months 5 days ago #46707

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Because of an script error I created more than 2 millon comics yesterday, and although it did show some lag and some problems, I could use the program enough to delete them easily...

ps: I don't use a SQL database
Last Edit: 11 months 5 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and 5 members online