Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Publisher Info not saving

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 2 weeks ago #46610

• Vhorester
  • Fresh Boarder
Strange thing started happening, and at first I thought I was losing my marbles.
The Publisher field on comic book information is not saving all of my publisher names anymore. It saves some, but others are no longer remaining saved.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there something I can do to fix it? Is this a memory type error?
Or what? lol

I'm at a loss as to why it would just start doing this.
Any help given would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 1 week ago #46643

• Vhorester
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone?

Just to add to this, the publisher info usually gets saved to the Publisher field if you do not already have it, upon closing and reopening of CR. This is the standard way I add new publishers. But recently I'm noticing that a number of previous publishers are gone and already saved names have to be reentered. These new ones are also not being saved.
Thx. :(
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Vhorester.

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 1 week ago #46644

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I wonder if the info that is getting lost is a proposed value as opposed to an entered value. Is the info grey as opposed to black when shown in your list views?

Easiest way around this is Right Click / Automation / Commit proposed Values

Proposed values often trip up or confuse new users. They are just ComicRack taking a guess at the value, but unless you commit them you are not actually saving that data.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vhorester

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 4 days ago #46701

• Vhorester
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is the field I am referencing gyazo.com/440f83a820eb4197ab9983a0ec1fd1f3
Sometimes, after entering a proposed name for an UNKNOWn and not scraped publisher in the publisher field, it will disappear upon restarting. This includes previously saved publisher names as well. Nothing like Dark Horse, DC, or Marvel have disappeared yet though.
Other times, even after the error happens, I will restart the program to find that the publisher information is all back in place. It's the weirdest error. This is what leads me to believe that it is related to memory somehow.
I reinstalled the program and so far I have not gotten the error more than once.
:)

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 1 day ago #46715

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Not seen this behaviour once you commit values. I have maybe seen issues where typing in the same value as a proposed value may not alter the proposed value but I am not sure. Do you save info into files once you have the data?

Publisher Info not saving 11 months 1 day ago #46718

• Vhorester
  • Fresh Boarder
I convert all files for the week into cbz format and then scrape using the database online.
The only thing I usually have to manually correct is removing those awful "of " values, ie the 1 of 6 or 2 of 6 values for a limited series. I have to use the "automation" "commit propsed values" for that.

Publisher Info not saving 10 months 4 weeks ago #46723

• balarono
  • Fresh Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
Not seen this behaviour once you commit values. I have maybe seen issues where typing in the same value as a proposed value may not alter the proposed value but I am not sure. Do you save info into files once you have the data?

I hope you don't mind me asking here - but how do I save info into files?

Publisher Info not saving 10 months 4 weeks ago #46725

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Vhorester wrote:
I convert all files for the week into cbz format and then scrape using the database online.
The only thing I usually have to manually correct is removing those awful "of " values, ie the 1 of 6 or 2 of 6 values for a limited series. I have to use the "automation" "commit propsed values" for that.

Fair enough. But the question remains, do you actually save that scraped and tidied info into the files themselves or do you just use the database?
balarono wrote:
I hope you don't mind me asking here - but how do I save info into files?

In Preferences / Advanced / Book: Ensure "Allow writing of book info into files" is ticked and if you want to allow automatic writing of info the also tick "Book files are updated automatically". AFAIK this only works for CBZ and CB7 files.

Because I have stability issues with ComicRack I update the files manually, by using RightClick / Update Book Files.

See Meta Data in Comic Files.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Publisher Info not saving 10 months 3 weeks ago #46754

• Vhorester
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for the delay; holidaze! :)
Thank you for your response. Here is my way of writing to file: gyazo.com/6ba10d931956df2ade3ce5c2cff6d6e2
I always convert everything to .cbz first, just so that any CR related stuff gets written FOR SURE.
I have at times neglected to assign ALL libraries to preferences to be written to, only to discover later that the internal conversion to .cbz did not take......this potentially allowing books to NOT retain their info...possibly. :P
Besides that, I have no idea what the culprit to be.
Update to last message: I still have not experienced this issue again since I reinstalled a fresh copy of CR over the old (fingers crossed)
Anyway, Happy Holidaze to you and all the best in the new year.
Cheers!
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 5 members online