Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scrapping Volume Information

Comic Vine Scrapping Volume Information 10 months 1 week ago #46792

• AH1
  • Fresh Boarder
Comic Vine Scrapper is a great tool, but when I use it to scrape information, it seems to place the year information in the volume section. For example, it will say v2012, instead of v4 or something like that. It does this in all comics.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scrapping Volume Information 10 months 1 week ago #46794

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Unfortunately this is an old issue with Comic Vine. They used to have an inconsistent way of labeling the volumes. There have been many discussions of which way is better, Volume or Year. Problems come up when a Title has two releases in the same year, or Comic Vine doesn't list a volume number. I believe that the current version of CVS does put the volume information into a custom field. If this is the data you wish to use instead of year, just use the Data Manager script to put Custom-Volume into Volume if Volume is blank.

Comic Vine Scrapping Volume Information 10 months 6 days ago #46811

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
As said in the previous post, that is how CV name the volumes... No much can be do with that... (although sometimes it is a good way to name them, as many sites number the volumes different)

I am trying to sync CV database with Comic.org database as a personal project, and that is one of the problems I am having D:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and 3 members online