Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: [Solved] Multiple users with one library

[Solved] Multiple users with one library 9 months 1 week ago #46940

• KaeAl
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I've looked around I think pretty much everywhere I can. I have seen page 92 of the 6th edition of the manual, which is where pretty much every post I've seen related to this point to.

My wife and I read the same comics. I have used the alternate configuration "-ac" in the shortcut to create two versions of CRW on my PC. She has less storage on her phone so she syncs more often than I do and I just leave her library open so she can sync whenever she needs to and I close hers, open mine, sync, close, and reopen hers when I do mine.

My first question is if there is a way to keep both libraries up to date at the same time? I have all of the files loaded and ran through the comicvine scraper in my library but if she wants to read a new series, I have to do that all over again for her library. I would really like to only have to do it once, even if I can only have it open in one instance at a time.

My second question but not nearly as important to me as my first, is if there is a way to run both libraries at once for syncing purposes. I only have my phone linked to my library and vice-a-versa. But I can live with closing out of a library if I don't have to constantly scrape every comic I own, or add, twice.
Last Edit: 9 months 6 days ago by KaeAl. Reason: Marking post as solved
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple users with one library 9 months 1 week ago #46943

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
If you save the data into the file, you should only have to scrape once. Doesn't matter which library initiated the scrape
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaeAl

Multiple users with one library 9 months 1 week ago #46945

• KaeAl
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, that's such a simple answer to my problem. I was digging through the manual to see if there was anything else in it that would help and saw the good practices section about enabling writing the information to the file. I just changed that setting yesterday.

Thank you very much for getting back so quickly.

My only problem now is I need to find out how to fix an incorrect scrape. My old process was to just delete the books from the library and rescan the folders and then re-scrape. But that doesn't work now that the information is in the file.

Also trying to figure out how to run two instances of CRW at once on one machine.

Multiple users with one library 9 months 6 days ago #46950

• KaeAl
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I just found the clear data button. That solves my problem!

Now to figure out how to run two instances at once...
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 5 members online