Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs?

How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs? 8 months 4 weeks ago #46997

• stefanaalten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I store my CBR's on a folder on OneDrive. I use ComicRack to read the CBR's on my PC (all files are there all the time) and on my Android tablet To read them on my Android tablet I pull down individual CBRs from OneDrive. The ComicRack library on my PC holds the "master" metadata about my comics - series, creators, publisher, year, language, etc. How can I make sure that the metadata "comes across" to my Android tablet when I download albums from OneDrive to my tablet? I understand that ComicRack maintains a database in a file ComicDB.xml - should I simply pull that file down as well? Or can I change a setting to specify that instead of maintaining a separate database, ComicRack should instead store the metadata in the CBR files themselves (is this even possible?) The latter, all data inside the albums themselves, would be my preference if it's possible.

Many thanks for any help/tips.

Thanks,
Stefan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs? 8 months 4 weeks ago #46999

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
You can configure comicrack to save MOST data in a xml INSIDE each comic... (Not all the data... as custom values, tags, read state and a few more are not saved there)

How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs? 8 months 4 weeks ago #47000

• stefanaalten
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi @Xelloss, many thanks for the quick reply to my question! Could you just help me out with how to configure ComicRack in that way? I have been through all the settings in Preferences but couldn't spot anything relating to where/how to save such data. Thanks!

How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs? 8 months 4 weeks ago #47001

• stefanaalten
  • Fresh Boarder
It's okay ... brain working again (sort of) ... found the setting: "Allow writing of book info into files". :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

How to sync library across multiple devices, or keep metadata inside CBRs? 8 months 4 weeks ago #47002

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Some things to take into account:

1- As I mentioned, not ALL data is stored (tags, custom values, rating, read/unread, finish/unfinish, and a few more are NOT stored in the comics, only in the database)

2- As data is store in a compress file, and in your harddisk, it takes time to impact the data. Among the default smart lists that comes with comicrack, there is one that is called "comics to update". When that list is empty, then all data is stored in the comics. NOT BEFORE.

3- You can force update quicker if you select the comics to store the new data and click in "update data" or something like that... Comics with an orange "*" still haven't got the last data stored in them.

4- Most data stored is only readeable from comicrack... it is not a universal format that is read by any reader.

5- Data stored in a comic is only loaded (and not changed to the one in the library) only when you add that comic to a new library... (or delete and add it again to the current library). So it is more a backup of the data than anything else... (or for moving it to other library easily).... Always the data in the library XML is the one loaded in the program unless that one is empty...
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stefanaalten
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 5 members online