Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Display tab lags/hangs, but everything else works...

Display tab lags/hangs, but everything else works... 5 months 4 days ago #47158

• tentha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys, I've suddenly had a problem come up that I can't seem to solve.

I opened up CBR today and suddenly every single page turn made CBR hang like crazy. I checked everything else and it looks like they're fine, I can back-up, browse, change preferences ok, but the moment I do anything related to a the display tab: opening/closing a tab, turning a page, even hovering over it, the 20sec lag starts

I uninstalled CBR completely, but even the vanilla reinstall lags on the CBR introduction display djvu. I haven't changed any settings or un/installed any programs on my computer until this problem popped up, and now I've got no clue whats causing it or how to solve it

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it... :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naps250

Display tab lags/hangs, but everything else works... 5 months 3 days ago #47160

• TingelN
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have the same problem. There seems to be a problem with hardware acceleration. If you disable it in the options, it should work again. I hope for an early solution for that poblem, so I can reuse the hardware acceleration. Side change looks more beautiful with hardware acceleration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: merkaba, naps250

Display tab lags/hangs, but everything else works... 4 months 4 weeks ago #47197

• merkaba
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just started having this problem today. I've been using ComicRack for a few years now, mostly on Windows 7 machines. I got a new laptop a few months back with Windows 10 and haven't had a single issue until today. Randomly, the pages hang when scrolling to the next. I've restarted my computer and it randomly fixed it once, but then started acting up again when I had to restart it later (for other reasons).

I disabled hardware acceleration like the above poster suggested and it fixed the issue, but now page scrolling is horrendous. Anyone have any thoughts as to why this would randomly start after months of using on Windows 10? I haven't made any recent changes to my laptop. I really love ComicRack and I would hate to have to find something else to use. I've previously used CDisplayEx and Comical, both of which don't hold a candle to ComicRack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naps250

Display tab lags/hangs, but everything else works... 4 months 3 weeks ago #47198

• naps250
  • Fresh Boarder
I created this account so that I can also share my experience with this problem.

I have the exact same issue as merkaba has described. Long time used on Windows 10 - perfect app, no issues whatsoever. Today I wanted to read something and suddenly the whole UI freezes for a good 4-5 seconds whenever it needs to redraw/refresh. It doesn't matter whether I need to resize a view, minimize the whole application or scroll through a comic page. Basically it's unusable at the moment :(

Restarting seems to fix the issue but I reckon it's only temporary.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 2 members online