Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 7 months 2 weeks ago #47224

• readerguy
  • Fresh Boarder
I have series of books with 0 counts. I've struggled for a while to determine how to perform a certain custom search.

Might someone know how to search the library and display only those 0-count series where the chronologically last book in the series has a publication date older than a fixed time (e.g. 3 months).

A Smart List alone seems capable of only yields the chronologically last book, but I would like to display all such books in any 0-count series in which the chronologically last book in the series meets the age criteria.

Thanks.
Never say never, and always avoid always.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 7 months 2 weeks ago #47230

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I could help with the chronological part but I am not sure what you mean by 0 counts? Do you have an example of what this would be?

I imagine you mean that you have some odd books with 'X of 0' and the rest of the series have a different value in count. Is that right? Is the exercise to correct these to match the remaining volume?

If that is the case it may be easier to use the 'Same X different Y' Smart List Script with same series and volume, different count.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 7 months 1 week ago #47255

• readerguy
  • Fresh Boarder
I appreciate the response, Jkthemac. Sorry for the delay; I don't recall an auto-notification of your reply. Here's the goal. For ongoing series, I use count = 0 for all books in a series (an arbitrary choice). When I am certain that the series has ended, I'll change the count of all books in the series to "x," where x = the total number of books in the series. Occasionally, I can't be sure if a series has ended so that I know to change the count of books in the series from 0 to x (Example: six books in the series, with "dates added" roughly one month apart, where book no. 6's "date added" date is four months ago). I might reasonably assume that this series has ended because I know that I have not forgotten to any issues and no book has been added for, say more than 3 months and conclude that it's appropriate, therefore, to change the counts from 0 to x. Of course, I can create a simple smartlist to identify all books with 0 counts and examine the last book in each found series to see if that last book was added more than four months ago. In other words, I'd like a smartlist/script that would answer the single question "which ongoing series (for me, easy- those with 0 counts) have not had a book added for more than 4 months" and then exhibit all such complete series. If an inspection of the exhibited series revealed that books are generally added every 5 months, for example, I would perform a reality check before assuming the end of the series, but if books are added monthly, the series has likely ended. My apologies if I've over-complicated this.

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 7 months 1 week ago #47263

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
OK try this:

Uses the variable 'Series: Book Released'

File Attachment:

File Name: OngoingCheck.zip
File Size:1 KB

Note: This does rely on the books all having a release date added. Sometimes release dates are not added in a timely manner to Comic Vine, so I tend to keep an eye on this with another check called 'Recent Unreleased' which I have also put in the zip file.

Usually a rescrape after a week will pick up the missing release dates and also any added data.

PS: I just use Series Complete Unknown for series that are ongoing, because Series Complete has three states.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by jkthemac.

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 7 months 6 days ago #47271

• readerguy
  • Fresh Boarder
Fantastic. I'll give it a spin. And, thanks, Jkthemac, for the tip re: Series Complete. I think it's time for a re-read of the manual and the Tips & Tricks supplement.

Looking for smartlist/script to perform custom search 6 months 2 weeks ago #47383

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
If you do end-up using Series Complete.

I use the following smart-list to remind me of those Series I have read all issues I have but are still ongoing so that I remember to check out for new issues.

Name "Series Read & Ongoing"
Match All
{
[Series: Percent Read] is greater "0",
Not [Series: Percent Read] is smaller "100",
Not [Series complete] equals yes
}

I have a different lists for those series that I am reading and I still have unread issues.
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and 8 members online