Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Proposed Values questions

Proposed Values questions 7 months 1 week ago #47265

• stefanaalten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How does the Proposed Values field work? It is set to "yes" for all comics in my library - as I didn't set this value myself I assume that "yes" must be the default value - is that so?
I am going through all comics in my library and gradually correcting values - I would like to avoid that the values I set manually (series, number, title, year, publisher, etc.) are "overridden" by "proposed values".
Is it possible to differentiate between "my values" and "proposed values"? How can I search for comics that have any fields with "proposed values"?

(I tried to download the ComicRack manual but get a "file no longer exists" error)

Many thanks in advance for any answers to these - newbie - questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Proposed Values questions 7 months 1 week ago #47266

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
stefanaalten wrote:
How does the Proposed Values field work? It is set to "yes" for all comics in my library - as I didn't set this value myself I assume that "yes" must be the default value - is that so?
Yes it is default.
stefanaalten wrote:
I am going through all comics in my library and gradually correcting values - I would like to avoid that the values I set manually (series, number, title, year, publisher, etc.) are "overridden" by "proposed values".
Anything set as a value overrides Proposed values, they are just guesses and have not actually been saved anywhere.
stefanaalten wrote:
Is it possible to differentiate between "my values" and "proposed values"? How can I search for comics that have any fields with "proposed values"?
Files don't have proposed values, they are not technically in the database. They are grey in info fields.
stefanaalten wrote:
(I tried to download the ComicRack manual but get a "file no longer exists" error)
Many thanks in advance for any answers to these - newbie - questions.
Hmm that's a problem try this <link>

It is also worth knowing you can Right-Click/Automation/Commit Proposed Values. You could theoretically do this for your whole library by selecting everything. You can have the proposed values tick box visible in your list view to see if it is on for each entry in a list.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stefanaalten
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and 3 members online