Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Any Way To Retrieve Scan Info From Within Comics?

Any Way To Retrieve Scan Info From Within Comics? 2 months 3 weeks ago #47349

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Wow, long time since I started a new topic! I've been working lately to improve my database and I had many comics saved from before the "Scan Information" tag was available. Those files were long ago renamed and moved, but I know that many times, the images within the cbr|cbz are nested inside a folder that has the original filename, including the scanner information. Alternately, scanners usually use a scanner image with the same filename in their comics. I've been going along here and there to get this info manually, but it is tedious and not likely to be completed in any reasonable amount of time.

My question is directed to all you very talented coders that are still with us, is there any easy script you could perhaps create that could scan cbr|cbz files and get this info in the same fashion as the excellent one coded by Stonepaw, 600WPMPO & Helmic? It would be a dream to have if so. If it wouldn't be so easy after all, please let me know either way. I thank you all very much in advance for any assistance you can provide!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Any Way To Retrieve Scan Info From Within Comics? 2 weeks 3 days ago #47946

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
My apologies, I just wanted to give this a bump in the hopes of a reply or two!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Any Way To Retrieve Scan Info From Within Comics? 2 weeks 1 day ago #47950

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
I'm not actually sure if we can get access to the page file name via the script. If it is then this is possible, but tricky given that the filename of the last page may not be the scanner's name. Many are named zzzzScannerName or such.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Who's Online

We have 370 guests and 2 members online