Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: CR Naming New Comics After The Folder They're Stored In?

CR Naming New Comics After The Folder They're Stored In? 5 months 1 week ago #47504

• Umbras363
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey! New here, so sorry if this is a weird or dumb question. I know a lot of people are kind of specific about the way they name their digital comics. I'm like that with my music, but not so much with comics.

Anyways, I downloaded like 100-something new comics last night and put them all in my folder that ComicRack has set as my default library. The folder is called "Manga", on account of that being what it all is. So when I opened up ComicRack to start reading, all of the new comics that it added were all simply titled "Manga". It's never been like this in the past and I literally have never touched the settings outside of setting the default library location when I first got CR a year or two ago.

So it kind of struck me as funny. I decided to remove the comics from ComicRack, close ComicRack entirely, put all of the files into another folder titled "New Stuff", and booted ComicRack again. I opened ComicRack, and sure enough, they're all there, but now they're all called "New Stuff". It should also be noted that everything else I've ever put into my CR library is all there named specifically just as it's always been.

Now I'm just wondering a few things:

1. What could be the cause of this?
2. Is there any way to make ComicRack just name any imported comics exactly what the file is called? For instance, if one of them is called "Comic A.zip", for it to import into ComicRack as either "Comic A" or "Comic A.zip", the next one is called "Comic B" so it could just import as "Comic B" or "Comic B.zip"?
3. Is there any renaming tool that can just simply do this?

Thanks in advance! Sorry if this is kind of a newbie/dumb question, but it's not exactly easy to tell what I'm about to read if it's all named the same thing.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Umbras363.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR Naming New Comics After The Folder They're Stored In? 5 months 1 week ago #47507

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
1) I've had this happen when the first character of the filename is a non-alphanumeric character i.e. [ or ( or '.
2) CR usually does a good job of parsing filenames into useful information, but it does default to just using the filename as-is.
3) For mass-renaming tasks inside CR, you can use the Library Organizer. Outside of CR, I strongly recommend RenameMaster.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Surfal666. Reason: Additional Info.

CR Naming New Comics After The Folder They're Stored In? 5 months 1 week ago #47524

• Umbras363
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! That ended up being the case, actually - all of the artists' names prefixed the title of each comic in the file name in brackets [ ]. Ended up tediously renaming each one by hand. Quite the pain, so I'll definitely look into RenameMaster so this can be fixed easier next time. Thansk for the help!

CR Naming New Comics After The Folder They're Stored In? 3 months 2 weeks ago #47941

I use www.advancedrenamer.com/ it's been pretty good to me so far :)
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and 6 members online