Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 6 months 5 days ago #47521

• PapaBear
  • Fresh Boarder
I have always kept my comics on an external drive and I got a new computer and installed ComicRack but the majority of them are either a picture of a red background with a white X or the comic cover with a red circle with a white X in it and it will not read them.

If I go to the external drive and double click on the comic then ComicRack will read them.

What is going on?

INTEL® Core™ i7-7700K Quad Core 4.20 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1151 + HD Graphics
Corsair H45 Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator
250 GB SSD + 2 TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200rpm Hard Drive
16 Gig memory
ASUS Prime Z270-P INTEL Z270 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 2 PCIe x16, 4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1, 1 SATA Express, 4 SATA3, 2 x M.2
MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card VR READY
Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by PapaBear.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47675

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
It usually shows that when the url of the comic in the database is different from the one in the pc... Do you add the comics and then move the comics? Or change the drive letter?

Try readding the comics to the library and see If it keeps happening...

Remember you cannot move the files when they are already in your library from outside comicrack, or the links will broke...
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47679

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Xelloss wrote:
Remember you cannot move the files when they are already in your library from outside comicrack, or the links will broke...

However given that you have carried out a new installation and all comics should have changed path in a standard way e.g. From D:\Comics to E:\Comics you can either remap your external drive to match the old path or you can edit the xml (or sql) database manually to the new path.

I have done that exercise once before when I moved to a new computer and moved to external hard-drives, changed path to A:\ (as nothing ever uses A:\) and now I just make sure that my comic directory is mapped to A (so no matter which device I use I can easily transfer my comicrack installation)

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47686

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I always store my data in comics in a way I can delete them easily from my library and readd them easily... I store non stored values in other fields (for example read/not read status) so that when I readd them i can easily reload that values with a rule...

That way I am always ready in case of disasters XD

All the same s script could be done to repair broken links I think... As urls are fields that can be modified...

Ps: a:\ not used? Where do you use your 1 1/2 floppy disk drive?? (?) Hahaha (you made me feel old, know it XD)

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47687

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I think I want to move my stuff. I was just going to edit the location of the library. How does one edit the SQL field to make that change? It's pretty straightforward on the comicdb.xml file, with a simple find-replace operation. Even if the file is too large for a standard editor it's pretty easy to do. But with SQL, I'm currently transferring over to MySQL. If I understand correctly CR database basically puts the library portion of the xml file into a single field in an SQL database.

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47688

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know how it works with sql, I have used the sql database for a short time now and never played with that yet...

However when I want to move my comics, I just move them from inside comicrack (with library organizer for example) and that makes the modifications needed in the url...

Even without a script, the export options with the correct configuration can do the trick...

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47689

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Xelloss wrote:
I don't know how it works with sql, I have used the sql database for a short time now and never played with that yet...

However when I want to move my comics, I just move them from inside comicrack (with library organizer for example) and that makes the modifications needed in the url...

Even without a script, the export options with the correct configuration can do the trick...

lol, that's so obvious I couldn't even think of it.

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47690

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
hahahaha, it happens XD

I recently moved my whole library from the S: to the X: (I bought a bigger drive only for comics as I was reaching the TB of comics XD)

As I manage my comic files location enterily with Library Organizer (it is part of my system XD) it was only a matter of changing the S in the configuration for and X and presto!

It took a while and at first I thought the pc freezed (there were almost 1Tb of 18k comics), but it worked in the end flawlessly!

I am begining to notice I am very script depedent... I think I use almost every comicrack script that was made every day XD

New Computer Comic Rack no longer reads my comics 5 months 1 week ago #47707

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Xelloss wrote:
I always store my data in comics in a way I can delete them easily from my library and readd them easily... I store non stored values in other fields (for example read/not read status) so that when I readd them i can easily reload that values with a rule...

I do the same [R] is added at the end of filenames if I have read the comic and [C] is added at the end of the directory if the series is complete - I then have two smart list to identify (A) comics that a read or series that are complete with the missing filename/directory tags and (B) comics with filenames or directories tags but without the appropriate status in comicrack

Xelloss wrote:
Ps: a:\ not used? Where do you use your 1 1/2 floppy disk drive?? (?) Hahaha (you made me feel old, know it XD)
I think somewhere I still have some 5.25' floppy with logo code on it and definitely some disk drives that have been removed but kept "just in case" ;)
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by rmagere.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 262 guests and 3 members online