Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Database not saving updates after restart

Database not saving updates after restart 1 month 4 days ago #47563

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Really not sure what's going on with this one. I'm using MySQL and transferred my database off of an older, underpowered machine to a new, bigger, better box. Everything looks fine at first glance... ComicRack loads much quicker, I can scan for new files and use ComicVine Scraper to update their data. Searches are much snappier and all of the updates I made show up. until...

Everything behaves completely normal until I exit out of ComicRack and start it back up. Then, I'm transported back in time to the beginning of Groundhog Day - just after the database restore. Nothing has been saved / updated in MySQL.

I thought it might have something to do with it being a newer version of MySQL so I ran mysql_upgrade but it still acts like the databae is read-only. I also tried installing MySQL on a third system but had the same read-only-ish behavior.

Just to rule out any issues with the client, I fired up a new install of ComicRack on another PC. I see the same behavior: library book total reverts to the previous value after a restart of the app. No updated files. Welcome to Groundhog Day.

Anyone have suggestions? I think the next thing I'll try is a brand-new database on the new machine but I get the feeling that it'll work and I won't be any closer to having an updatable database with all of my existing info. :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database not saving updates after restart 1 month 2 days ago #47578

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
Have you tried checking the database directly while ComicRack is open to see if the data is being altered?

I wonder if the issue is with the user permissions?
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by jkthemac.

Database not saving updates after restart 3 weeks 5 days ago #47612

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
It's weird because I didn't see the database getting updated but I also didn't see any errors on the CR side.

I ended up creating a new blank database on the new server, pointing CR at it and adding in a half-dozen comics so I could verify the db was working properly across CR restarts. Once I was confident the new DB was functional, I exported all of the rows from the old table and imported them into the new database's comics table. That seems to have worked. No idea why... there's no difference in user name or grants. Whatever the case, I'm back in business and added / scraped a few hundred books without any further Alzheimer's issues.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Who's Online

We have 217 guests and 3 members online