Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup?

Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup? 5 months 4 weeks ago #47580

• ClayM
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I used to have a nice one that would pick up anything that got skipped in the last 6 month, but it no longer seems to work.

Any recommendations?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup? 5 months 3 weeks ago #47581

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
The simplest way is to look for gaps:

File Attachment:

File Name: 6MGaps.cbl
File Size:1 KB
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott, ClayM

Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup? 5 months 3 weeks ago #47584

• ClayM
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
jkthemac wrote:
The simplest way is to look for gaps:

File Attachment:

File Name: 6MGaps.cbl
File Size:1 KB

Perfect. Thank you sir!

Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup? 5 months 2 weeks ago #47641

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

Anyone got a working "Missed Issues" script or smart list setup? 5 months 1 week ago #47674

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Sorry, I wasn't in the forum lately...

There are many ways of finding missing issues... according to what you mean by that...

The simplest way, is what jkthemac said... find gaps of missing numbers... The problems with this are:

- You will not see missing issues unless you have a number after the missing one/ones
- You will only find missing issues of series you have at least one comic
- You will have problems with comics that change numbering (100 issues, etc)
- You will not find special numbers (1.2, 0, 1A, etc)

Another way would be to use my script (the one that rmagere recommended). Which has its own problems:

- Again, You will only find missing issues of series you have at least one comic
- You will only find missing comics that are in the last database update I uploaded... (I usually upload an updated database once a month or two)
- You need all your comics scraped with comicvine scraper, or the script won't recognise them

A third option with the same script, is use a readlist (.mcc) list made for my scripts (I have uploaded a few demos). The advantage of this method is that it will find missing comics even when you don't have any comic in the series (because it use comic collections). Of course you need someone to make this list for you... which is still beta...

Another method I use (I used all the others too) is to have a smart list with unfinished comics not published in the last 2 months... So when a comic is missing, it usually appears here (of course you have to have all finished series set as finished, and this only works with new comics)

It all depends in what you call missing... For example, for me the most difficult to find missing are one-shots or specials of series I read... as they are a different volume and it will not show in my script.... (for this I use another thing I am working at that give me a list of all new volumes of a given publisher every month, but it is a headache because of tpbs, reprints, etc)
-

All in all I recommend to, if you use comicvine scraper, give my script a try... It works with the comicvine database and will show you all comics from the series you already have that are missing till my last database update :)
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 2 members online