Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Accessing NAS-stored comics from internet

Accessing NAS-stored comics from internet 1 week 5 days ago #47960

• Droewyn
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been beating my head against this one for the last three days. My tablet is a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10. I really want to be able to read my comics collection from anywhere. I tried setting up a FTP server on my media PC, but I don't see a way to get CR to recognize that. I read the CR manual (is V6 the latest? that's what I read) and went through the process to share the comic library, but I guess the server is down so that functionality doesn't work? I got a "could not find server" error message, at any rate.

Right now I'm just manually copying comics onto the tablet in batches of 25 or so, but surely there's a better way.... right?

I also read somewhere that CR for Android does FTP. I'll run an Android emulator if I absolutely have to, but when I purchased CR-Android I couldn't see any way to access an FTP server there either.

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Accessing NAS-stored comics from internet 1 week 3 days ago #47966

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sounds like a good situation to try a VPN connection to your home network. My QNAP NAS has a VPN server, I've never used it but it seems like this would be a reason to set it up if your NAS has a VPN server app. I'm sure there's plenty of other options to install on a home computer.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by solidus0079.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Who's Online

We have 359 guests and 2 members online