Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: CR won't write ComicInfo.XML to some CBZs, but works fine on other CBZs!

CR won't write ComicInfo.XML to some CBZs, but works fine on other CBZs! 4 months 1 day ago #48736

• Tom2112
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm baffled by a the first real problem I've ever had with ComicRack. I recently replaced a bunch of comic files that were already in my database with better versions of the same comics. Outside of ComicRack, I deleted the old files, and named the new files the same as the old ones. I figured, when I was done, I'd fire up ComicRack and it would see the ComicInfo.XML files were missing from my CBZs and would recreate them.

But it didn't.

So I tried to force it to do so and it goes through the motions like it is updating the CBZs but for whatever reason, it just doesn't create the ComicInfo.XML files within the archive files.

I even went to the trouble of picking one comic that was missing it's ComicInfo.XML, and manually changing the info in its metadata (I changed the Inker to "Test") and tried to update that single comic. No luck. It acts like it doesn't need updated.

I do have both "Allow writing of Book info into files" and "Book files are updated automatically" options checked in Preferences.

Any suggestions how I get ComicRack to create the XML files in the archives?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR won't write ComicInfo.XML to some CBZs, but works fine on other CBZs! 4 months 19 hours ago #48740

• number6
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you check to make sure the new files aren't 'read only'? If they are ComicRack can't write too them.

CR won't write ComicInfo.XML to some CBZs, but works fine on other CBZs! 4 months 17 hours ago #48741

• Tom2112
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I did check. They're not Read Only.

CR won't write ComicInfo.XML to some CBZs, but works fine on other CBZs! 3 months 4 weeks ago #48749

• Tom2112
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I didn't figure out what the problem was. So I removed all my comics from the ComicRack database, closed CR, restarted my PC, opened CR, and had it scan my library folders. It added all my comics back in, and then allowed me to update the metadata and ComicInfo.XML files in the CBZs.

So I don't know what caused it, but the solution wasn't horrible, just a little time consuming.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Who's Online

We have 172 guests and 3 members online