Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Samsung S8

Samsung S8 3 weeks 2 days ago #48772

• Melengx
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I have an issue with the wife sync not sure what it is since I tried everything and nothing seem to work hoping somebody here can shed some light on the issue.

recently I just updated my phone to a Samsung Galaxy S8 from a S5 been a fan of comic rack since my S3 and loved it since day on but now. both my S3 & S5 sync with comic rack by the wifi sync but the s8 seem to choke all the time.

deleted the original folder try sync 1/10 time it will work and re create my folder and sync what I wanted.

I try re install both app on phone and computer and again s3 & s5 work just fine with out any problem S8 still have issue.

the computer version has a hard time see the S8 even with the cable attach.

tried turning off my fire wall nothing
tried adding ports for comic rack nothing
add the wifesynctimed out to ini file nothing

its a shame I really do like the new s8 but I love comic rack to and at this point it seem I have either pick an new phone to hope comic rack work with it or down grade back to my s5 which doesn't seem to have any issue with comic rack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Samsung S8 3 weeks 1 day ago #48773

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
it can be difficult getting your wife to get in sync with anything... :-)

As for the S8, I'd check the following. What do you have set up for Devices? How did you pair it? Are you using internal or external memory. if internal, try a smaller smartlist to sync first. if SD, do you have it set to proper directory. Is Knox (Samsung's Android Security program) blocking it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melengx

Samsung S8 3 weeks 1 day ago #48776

• Melengx
  • Fresh Boarder
I try using the Wireless Setup to make sure comic rack could see my phone. it did but wouldn't sync finally I got it to pair with direct cable connect. Then tried syncing a small list on both internal and sd seem to work fine the first time, but once you try to re sync I get "error during read". So then I tried to add the wifisyncreceivetimeout and wifisyncsendtime to comicrack.ini like it show on the your forum. When that didn't work I tried turning off my firewall no go, tried adding the comicrack again to my firewall no go, tried adding the ports that was mention on forum no go.

One thing I did notice for my Samsung galaxy s3 & s5 the device was detected as Samsung-sm- and the model number for those 2. but with the Galaxy S8 it just come up as SM and the model number. not sure if that make a difference. Once the S8 is pair and you do the first sync on either internal memory or the sd card seem to work fine but once you try to resync the error during read keep coming up.

Samsung S8 3 weeks 1 day ago #48778

• Melengx
  • Fresh Boarder
I disable the Knox (Samsung's Android Security program) figure it something new to try and yet again no go. :'(
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 181 guests and 6 members online