Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Help with Expressions (particularly with Custom Values/CustomValuesStore)

Help with Expressions (particularly with Custom Values/CustomValuesStore) 6 months 2 weeks ago #48783

• duckpuppy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been playing with the excellent Count Errors expression/Smart List from 600's old-but-still-relevant Tips and Tricks document. It is mostly based on the following expression:
{StatsMaxCount}<>{StatsMinCount}

I've recently been wondering if I could also take into account the custom "comicvine_volume" field that the ComicVine Scraper adds so that it only looks at issues within the same volume to reduce the number of "mini series followed by an ongoing of the same name" errors. I know most are pretty self-evident since they match the names of fields in the GUI, but CustomValuesStore sounds like it might be able to access custom values if only I knew the syntax...

I'm guessing that there's no way to currently do this, since all these fields operate on a per-issue basis, and I'm looking to compare values across multiple issues (which it looks like what the Stat* expression variables are meant to be used for, since they seem to all put volume-based statistics on each issue), but I thought I'd ask - I'll learn something either way.

I know that the expression field can take any Python expression, so maybe there's a way to do what I want that way?
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by duckpuppy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and 3 members online