Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help?

Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help? 1 month 6 days ago #48836

I'm not sure what has changed, or if I broke something but my Comicvine Scraper plugin is being very picky about what it shows me and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

If I search for:

"Black Panther: Long Live the King" I get 0 search results and it asks me to try something different.
"Long Live the King" gets me 0 search results as well.
"Black Panther" gets me 7 matching results, all just series that are named "Black Panther"
"Black" gets me 848 matching results, the top one being Black Panther: Long Live the King

I've tried re-installing the plugin, and it doesn't fix it, mainly because I *think* it's storing the settings, as I don't have to re-enter my API key after reinstalling.

Help? What broke?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help? 1 month 6 days ago #48837

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
It looks like comicvine changed something on their side with how the API works. Somebody has already posted something on their API forum. We have to wait and hear from them. Nothing is wrong with the plugin so no need to uninstall/re-install. Just need to wait on comicvine.

Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help? 1 month 6 days ago #48838

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
and for the record mine is doing the same thing. I'm keeping all my searches to one word for now. Pulls lots of results but CVS is normally pretty good to put the one I want at or near the top. Not efficent but it seems to work.

Also, dashes are not parsed either so if you want to search for x-men, you need to search xmen, not x-men.

Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help? 1 month 5 days ago #48843

• zigl00
  • Fresh Boarder
Same here. It seems that any title with more than 2 words or punctuation fails, but if I delete all but the first word, the very top result is exactly what I'm looking for. A little frustrating but at least the workaround is quick and easy until they get it fixed. I do wish there were other places that hosted the data, because of problems like this, and also because it seems inevitable that someday Gamespot will decide to shut it down to save a few bucks.

Comicvine Scraper is being stupid and I could use some help? 1 month 4 days ago #48853

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 139
I noticed comicvine recently changed how search by words works... I think the script has to be adapted to this new convention...

For now just try searching manually with no special characters (as - or ,) and using less number of words, and it will work fine...

Or try my autocomplete script for automatic scraped by comicvine volume id... (will only work if you already has another comic scraped of the same comic)
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and 3 members online