Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them

CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them 3 months 3 weeks ago #48957

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
I download all my comics to a "_New Downloads" folder. I then go into ComicRack and navigate to that folder in the Folders tab. It then displays the comics I've downloaded and want to import. I then select them all and add them to my library, scrape them with the Comic Vine scraper, and relocate them with Library Organizer.

For the past few months, however, as soon as it displays a CBZ comic (and before I do anything, including adding them to the library) , the comic disappears and is replaced by the dreaded red X. It methodically goes through and deletes every CBZ file as soon as it is displayed. CBR files are unaffected. I use Windows Explorer to look at my downloads folder and the files are gone, and do not appear in the Recycle bin either.

I am using Windows 10 64bit and running ComicRack V 0.9.178 64bit. I've seen a couple posts similar to this, but the files only disappear as they are scraped, and they get moved to an App Data folder with a tmp extension. In my case, however, I haven't performed any function on them yet - they disappear on their own, leaving the red X pointing to a CBZ file that no longer exists.

Any help is appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them 3 months 3 weeks ago #48964

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
I really have NO idea what can do this, sorry :huh:

Any recent scipt you installed?

CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them 3 months 2 weeks ago #48974

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts
(YourName would be your username on Windows)

The files might all be hiding in there. Possibly with a .tmp tacked on to the end of the filename. Just rename to remove that .tmp. Bulk Rename tools would be helpful if there are a lot of them.

You might need to show hidden files and folders or enable other options.

The %appdata% shortcut might also help get you there faster but I think it defaults to the roaming profile.

As to why it's happening - I'm not sure. I notice it periodically, with no real pattern to it. It seems to be some sort of 'safety valve' for scripts that attempt to change the files, and the script gets interrupted or times out. I suspect it's some sort of backup location that was added to Win8 that isn't well known or that cYo's code stumbled on as part of a windows backwards compatibility mode. But I haven't researched it at all.

There's another thread under the Help forum section with more details. I would grab it, but I'm lazy.

CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them 3 months 2 weeks ago #48975

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
According to other posts, that is a temporary location it puts files in when it is converting them (from cbr to cbz for instance), and yes, the files end up there with a tmp extension. Unfortunately this is happening BEFORE I take any action such as converting them. I've discovered it only happens, however, if I have the program set to save the comicinfo.xml file in the cbz file. If I turn off this function the files do not disappear. Apparently just the action of adding the xml file to the cbz is what is triggering my problem. If I turn the feature back on the files disappear (get moved) again.

CBZ files disappear as soon as ComicRack displays them 3 months 2 weeks ago #48977

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
I think some people have reported better success with exporting and writing the internal XML files by running CR in admin mode. It might be a case where CR doesn't have permission to write to the output location. Which seems weird, because you're probably already using a script to put your files in their final location, but maybe not.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 2 members online