Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom tabs missing / complete un-install

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 2 weeks ago #48962

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi guys, I'm having trouble and would appreciate some help. Basically I cannot get comicrack to show custom tabs on the info windows on my desktop PC. I know where it should be because I can get it to work on my laptop but thats not where my comics are. Both are windows 7, lappy is intel, desktop is AMD (ryzen)
I've un-installed comicrack, been into the windows folders, user folders etc to find all the places its installed at and deleted them, then run ccleaner with reboots in between. When i installed again, data manager had remembered my rules and comic vine scraper had remembered my API Key, so i obviously missed where these were stored.
Unfortunately, custom tabs hasn't appeared, so that was a total waste of time. I only did a fresh install of windows last week as well so will be extremely annoyed if I have to start again!

Has anyone got any ideas how i can get the cutom tabs up? or failing that, provide a list of everywhere comicrack installs to so i can rinse my machine properly and try again?

Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 2 weeks ago #48963

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
If what you are looking for is how to enable the custom fields tab, it is in:

Peference -> Behavior -> Application -> Show custom Book fields

If you are looking to recover the custom fields completed in books, from a fresh install... you cannot

Custom fields are only saved in the CR database... The only way to recover them is to import the database. (in case of using SQL database, you can make import of certain tables or values). In any case, they are not saved in comic fiels...

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 2 weeks ago #48968

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the reply.
I don't think i explained myself very well: I'm trying to enable the custom fields, they simply are NOT there when i tick the checkbox you describe.

i go to Peference -> Behavior -> Application -> Show custom Book fields I check the box, and nothing happens.

I know where it is because it works on the install i have on my laptop, the tab does NOT show up on my desktop install.

I know it doesn't save the custom field, I'm only trying to use it to help with the ongoing problems with comic vine scraping, although i will be setting up a sql database later (if i decide to stay with comicrack)

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 2 weeks ago #48969

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
That's strange... it should work...

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 2 weeks ago #48971

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
You have to enable custom fields under preferences. When you do a reinstall your preferences are overwritten. I think there's a way to decouple them from fresh installs on the wiki, but I haven't looked in quite a while. Basically, IIRC, you put the preferences file in a different folder than the default one and CR will look in that optional location first, but it won't write anything to that optional location. Maybe Alternatively create a ComicRack.ini file in %PROGRAMDATA%\cyo\comicrack or %APPDATA%\cyo\comicrack.

Anyway, to turn on the custom fields it's under Edit->Preferences->Application->Show Custom book Fields.

oops, in the time I took to forget I was writing a response someone else told you the same stuff.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by boshuda.

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 5 days ago #49207

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
ok just an update to this. I have clean re-installed windows 3 times now and still cannot enable custom fields. I admit this is annoying me a lot more than it should, as everything else seems to work, and I probably haven't got much of a need for it, but I just can't work out why it works on a laptop and not on a desktop! This has now become much more about making it work rather than needing it to work. :laugh:
Is there anything I'm missing? does it run with java or something? the only real difference I can see between laptop and desktop (apart from size) is that the laptop is intel and the desktop is AMD.

Very VERY odd.
Anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 5 days ago #49208

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Does it save the option when you enable it and restart the program?

IT IS REALLY WEIRD

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 5 days ago #49210

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
I've never seen any save or indication that's its acknowledged or is going to work. I click the checkbox, click apply and ok and VIOLA - its not there! I've checked the tabs before and after a restart (both restart of comicrack and of the PC itself) its just not there. the checkbox just doesn't do anything.

(I can't remember what happened when I enabled it on the laptop, but I think it was just working as soon as I checked the clickbox. I don't really want to disable it to see what notifications pop up in case I lose it on there as well)

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 5 days ago #49211

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I meant if the checkbox save the status: if you restart the program, does it remember it was enabled in the checkbox?

Custom tabs missing / complete un-install 8 months 5 days ago #49212

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Also edit the comicrack.ini file and look for this:
; By default '.' custom values are hidden (used by plugins)
; ShowCustomScriptValues = true

It must be in true (putting true here is as checking the chebox and apply)

Close CR, edit the file, and start it again after that for CR to surely take the changes

If the problem is in saving the check, this will solve it... If the problem is in showing the tab even when it is enabled, it will not help XD
Last Edit: 8 months 5 days ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghoti
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds

Who's Online

We have 96 guests and one member online