Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Metadata in book file or outside ?

Metadata in book file or outside ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #49359

• pascal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I'm pretty new in the usage of Comicrack.
I have managed to take all my books (about 4000) into CR and reasonably scraped them (mostly french stuff with bedetheque scraper).
I did not touch on the specific setting in Preference menu, so I understood all the metadata I scraped are stored in a single file somewhere in the system directory.

Now that I'm done with this, I'm trying to increase the reading experience by being able to read from anywhere (with internet connection) on any devices (ipad tablet).

For this I took a look (and read a number of posts here and there) at Ubooquity for managing over a network with a capability of streaming the books as well as a Ipad reader accepting such streaming operation. I found Chunky reader.

Of course, I would like to have all my metadata displayed (or at least the metadata Ubooquity and Chunky would be able to display) on my Ipad.
What I found :
  1. Ubooquity is able to read the metadata from CR ONLY from the book file
  2. These metadata can ONLY be recorded in CBZ format

So my questions are:
- Is there a way to update the books in order to capture all the metadata previously stored without scrapping again all of my book ?

Potentially, I will have also some question around the connection of Ubooquity and Chunky but let move step by step.
Thank you in advance
P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Metadata in book file or outside ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #49360

• EricS1980
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
In Preferences, under the Advanced section, check the box that says "Allow writing of Book info into files".
Then select all the books in your library, right-click on them and select 'Export Books -> Convert to CBZ". This will ensure they are all in the CBZ format, and I believe will also write the book info into the file during the process.

Metadata in book file or outside ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #49363

• pascal
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you.
I went in this process (I needed to have my books all in CBZ anyway).
I checked inside the CBZ, once they have been exported, and yes, there was the comicinfo.xml inside !

So no need to re-scrap everything.Cool !
But..
I setup some smartlist to manage the books and one smartlist I create is using the "Modified Info" set to Yes and it seems that the books coming from my exports (and having this comicinfo.xml inside them) are not taken into account by this rule.
Is this something expected or Am I missing something ?

Anyway thank you for your answer

Metadata in book file or outside ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #49364

• EricS1980
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Not sure, I've never really used the Modified Info field. Maybe someone else might be able to help with this one...

Metadata in book file or outside ? 8 months 1 week ago #49384

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
pascal wrote:
Thank you.
I went in this process (I needed to have my books all in CBZ anyway).
I checked inside the CBZ, once they have been exported, and yes, there was the comicinfo.xml inside !

So no need to re-scrap everything.Cool !
But..
I setup some smartlist to manage the books and one smartlist I create is using the "Modified Info" set to Yes and it seems that the books coming from my exports (and having this comicinfo.xml inside them) are not taken into account by this rule.
Is this something expected or Am I missing something ?

Anyway thank you for your answer

Modified info=yes indicates that you have changed the book info in the comicrack DB but it has not been written to the cbz file. Once that data is written to the cbz file, modified info will be no.

The only rule I have that uses modified info is the one to list books where I need to update the cbz data (I don't like setting it to do this automatically so like to manually do it).

So short version once the info is written and updated in the CBZ file, modified info will be no.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Who's Online

We have 122 guests and one member online