Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Tablet and manga help/optimisation?

Tablet and manga help/optimisation? 4 months 4 days ago #49505

Hey there, so I recently though of getting Comic Rack on my Windows tablet as I already got it on my PC, I installed it and also installed CDisplayEx, my problem is, I mostly read manga (and LNs) so I added the "Right to left" option, have the manga as "manga: yes (left to right)" and got the "left/right movement is also reversed" option but if I swipe from left to right I go back, instead of forward... And I've seen that's how people do it? I don't have troubles on the PC as I only move the mouse wheel

Also wanted to ask (and is the reason why I mentioned CDisplayEx), when I swipe on it, its almost instant and I can swipe all the pages if I want to, however on ComicRack it is a little bit laggish and I have to swipe it multiple times for it to recognise it, is there any setting or file I can modify so it does it faster?

I have ComicRack on my PC and have it with the metadata and organised, would be awesome to have ComicRack on the tablet too instead of using CDisplay which can only read and doesn't have library nor info

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tablet and manga help/optimisation? 4 months 3 days ago #49508

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
You do not mentioned what your tablet is (e.g. android, windows, ios, webos, etc).
From your ability to use cdisplayex I assume it's windows based. In my personal experience I find that I love reading with comicrack on android tablets but that on windows it's still easier/more responsive to read with cdisplayex (which is what I end up doing).

Tablet and manga help/optimisation? 4 months 3 days ago #49509

I did say its a Windows tablet :(

Yeah for some reason its kinda laggish and I do hate the fact that I can't swipe left to right to go next, since I'm reading right to left, is natural to swipe in that direction :/ the only thing I wanted is have my PC with ComicRack organised and use the tablet with ComicRack to read with ease, but I guess I'll just have it organised on my PC and use CDisplayEx on the tablet

I recently got Calibre installed and it opens CDisplay, gonna see if I manage to organise that one and use CDisplay to open manga/comics and the built in reader for epub stuffs :( although I don't like the interface at all

Edit: Nvm, Calibre copies each book to its own library and does a huge data base for all the items.. And that means having 2 copies of the same book as I like having it in explorer.. Guess I'll use ComicRack on PC and and CDisplayEx on tablet till I find how to make CR run fast and good on the tablet :/
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Mandrake158.

Tablet and manga help/optimisation? 4 months 3 days ago #49511

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Sorry my bad you did :P

But yes that's where I am at. I have a surface that I would like to move to and abandon my old android tablet which I still use only for comic reading.
What I am looking into (not very hard to be honest) is to run nox (or another android emulator) and to use it for the sole purpose of running comicrack reading mode (while running the full comicrack management within windows).

Regarding calibre - fortunately (or unfortunately) you have already found the best comic management program :lol: (though Calibre is great for books).
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Who's Online

We have 126 guests and 3 members online