Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Solutions for a full hard drive?

Solutions for a full hard drive? 4 months 1 week ago #49785

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
The drive containing my comic files is nearly full. Is there any way to move some comic files to another hard drive (for instance files older than x years, or series that are complete) and still have them indexed in the database?

If not, is there an easy way to archive specific files to another location and have a new database created for just those files? I don't want to just export them and delete them from the database as I don't want to lose the Metadata for them.

Any other workable solutions for a full hard drive (other than getting a bigger drive that is)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Solutions for a full hard drive? 4 months 1 week ago #49794

• Mummraah
  • Fresh Boarder
You could use a combination of adding an extra library location in preferences. Then with the library organizer plugin set your base folder as the new location and create a rule to not move anything from the existing folder.

There's probably a more eloquant way to do it but that's the best I can think of based on how I use ComicRack.

Solutions for a full hard drive? 4 months 1 week ago #49795

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried that but kept getting a script error. Didn't think about needing to add the rule to the organizer. I'll give that a try.

Solutions for a full hard drive? 4 months 6 days ago #49875

• tigerpuffs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You could convert everything to WEBP? The file size will be reduced by 50-60% and since you use ComicRack you shouldn't encounter the problem of the format not being supported. I've done a few experiments and can't really detect a difference between WEBP and JPG, so I'm about to convert my whole library.

Solutions for a full hard drive? 3 months 2 days ago #50229

• hasan459
  • Fresh Boarder
use cloud storage or pen-drive
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 156 guests and one member online